Skip to content

Trust Update 21st March

Further to my update of 14th March, whereby I confirmed that the Trust Board had voted in favour of the proposal from Bill Luby and Jim Collis to invest in the Club and provide a secure financial footing going forward, I can now confirm the schedule for their visit to the UK.

They will be flying in to the UK on Tuesday 9th April, in time for the Charlton game, and will be available for informal discussions in the bar areas both pre and post-match.

They will be making their formal proposal to Legacy Members on Wednesday 10th April, in the Union Baptist Church Conference Centre (known as the Hub), Easton Street, High Wycombe, starting at 7.30pm. This meeting will only be open to Legacy Members, but as before, the meeting will be streamed live on Facebook, and this stream will be available to all Trust members.

More details regarding Bill and Jim’s visit and the voting process will be confirmed nearer the time, but for now please put the date in your diary.

I appreciate that this meeting has been scheduled during the period of the school holidays, but this is the earliest possible opportunity for the meeting to take place and I am keen to move things forward, particularly as we cannot plan for next season until we know the outcome of the vote. The live stream will hopefully allow people who are away to listen and see the proceedings, and participate by sending questions by email.

As I have said previously, this decision process is the most important in the Club’s recent history, and as such I ask for the decision to be based on actual votes. Please remember that a non-vote is a no vote, so please don’t let apathy decide the future of our Football Club.

Trevor Stroud
Chairman