Skip to content

Fans' Council meeting

1234568»

Comments

• Yeah you've said

• Their only chance of making a profit would be to make the club stronger than it currently is - that surely would be a good thing.

They managed to run up millions in debt at Derby and still sell it for a profit. Is that stronger?

• Pure speculation here, but what if the goal is actually to sell the club on to a local property developer two years down the line for a pre-agreed amount that is more than they’re investing at this point? It sure would be a fun journey to make a million quid for a two year investment.

• Perhaps someone like Mr Morris who they sold Derby to and whose irresponsible spending is rapidly sending them into oblivion

That irresponsible spending started before Morris. Round about the time that North American Derby Partners LLP took control. Morris continued for a while but has now put the brakes on apparently.

• edited March 2019

@drcongo said:

Perhaps someone like Mr Morris who they sold Derby to and whose irresponsible spending is rapidly sending them into oblivion

That irresponsible spending started before Morris. Round about the time that North American Derby Partners LLP took control. Morris continued for a while but has now put the brakes on apparently.

Putting the brakes on may have something to do with the fact that the FL are now investigating Derby for breach of financial regulations. They certainly now look a "financially stable" club!!

• I reprint the words spoken by Mel Morris after he bought Derby County:

"I wish to pay tribute to the North American ownership group [North American Derby Partners LLP], who collectively provided the finance and leadership stability the club needed following the traumatic times which followed the 2007/8 season in the Premier League.

"They have been terrific to work with, and I am sure they will continue to follow the Rams well into the future."

It should also be noted that it was a consortium of Americans who owned Derby before Mr.Morris. It included Seaport, the company run by the guys bidding to invest in WWFC. Bill and Jim have said very clearly that the money they would like to invest in WWFC will be their own, not their company’s.

• Do you have a vote?

• Beyond parody @drcongo.

Thanks for brightening my day.

• @eric_plant said:
    Do you have a vote?

If you mean me then the answer is yes.

• @DevC said:
    Beyond parody @drcongo.

Thanks for brightening my day.

To paraphrase endless posts of yours, YOU DIDNT ANSWER MY QUESTION JUST RESORTED TO PERSONAL ABUSE WHY DIDNT YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION I DEMAND YOU ANSWER MY QUESTION I BLAME SOCIAL MEDIA.

I tried to do it with your typical level of frothing but not sure I managed it.

• Why can't a deadline just be a deadline?

• End of March was ludicrously early. It's good they've recognised that.

• edited March 2019

@Malone said:
    End of March was ludicrously early. It's good they've recognised that.

Agreed, the direction the deadline was heading, it started to remind me of the "Monty Ps' 4 yorkshireman sketch".

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Why can't a deadline just be a deadline?

Last week you were complaining it was too early

• @eric_plant said:

@Right_in_the_Middle said:
    Why can't a deadline just be a deadline?

Last week you were complaining it was too early

I was. Thanks for remembering. Any reason for mentioning it again?

• Yeah, and it's blindingly obvious

Reckon even Trev would see why

• Its surely not hard to work out the club management thinking on each stage here

1) Why launch season tickets so early?

Most likely because they are desperately short of cash now and hence effectively needed to borrow from next season income to fund this season expenditure

2) Why set deadline so early?

Because they needed cash now and so needed to give people incentive to hand it over now.

3) Why extend deadline at last minute?

Because having got all the cash they could with the March deadline incentive, they haven't drawn in as much cash as they hoped, so have created a new incentive deadline to draw in some more cash by that later deadline.

• edited March 2019

I just renewed today...I'm gutted that I could have waited 16 days. I am e-mailling the Power Group now in capital letters and using lots of exclamation marks. !!!!!

• Sounds sound to me @DevC.

I got a decent “A” level pass in French in ‘56 but I’ve already taken 5000 times longer than @Jonny_King to try and “get” it. @Wendoverman and I can compare notes when we meet for a pint before the Portsmouth game, assuming that @Shev will have set it up in the meantime. Oh, hold on, I’ve just remembered that I’m in the Frank Adams.

• I still don't get it...You'll see me after the Pompey game collecting my 50/50 draw money from the office @micra

• Thanks for that Dev - next you'll be telling us that night follows day!

• I admire your and Wendovers efforts at trying to "get it" Micra. Life in the old dogs yet...... Quite why you want to share that or your plans to meet up as a consequence, I don't quite understand.

Don't forget evening Malone.

• @DevC I do not, as yet, get the OAP discount which proves I am not old.

• @micra said:
    Sounds sound to me @DevC.

I got a decent “A” level pass in French in ‘56 but I’ve already taken 5000 times longer than @Jonny_King to try and “get” it. @Wendoverman and I can compare notes when we meet for a pint before the Portsmouth game, assuming that @Shev will have set it up in the meantime. Oh, hold on, I’ve just remembered that I’m in the Frank Adams.

My apologies for mis-remembering your gameday abode, good sir. That will make it tricky to gain membership to the newly formed Beechdean cabal...

• Just for info, the early season ticket sale/deadline seems to be quite common. Both of my football supporter colleagues up here have already renewed theirs for next season at Leeds and Doncaster, with the early bird discounts ending March 31 & April 1 respectively.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.leedsunited.com/newsmobile/ticket-news/24553/season-ticket-price-freeze

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2019/february/201920-silver-memberships-on-sale/

• My Derby County supporting colleagues also confirm their early bird prices end on 31 March. I’m sure it’ll be required by Christmas within 5 years or so.

• When you're going for promotion, and say you'll hold prices whatever division - early bird marketing is genius.

Not so genius when it's the other way round though.
    "Pay league 1 prices now, and we'll erm, keep it at league 1 prices if we go down"

• What if the League One prices now were roughly the same as the League Two prices of the year before? My season ticket price on early deals hasn't changed much apart from the removal of the early early deal.