Skip to content

Match day thread: Sherwsbury

Comments

• Great goal. Brilliant free kick by Jason McCarthy.

• I knew the goal had gone in before I watched it happen on lfollow due to the delay.

I assumed as I saw who was stood over it we’d not only scored from a free kick but Jacobson had surely hit it and won me my first scorer bet.

Delighted none the less for McCarthy with a world class strike.

• You watched it on iFollow @OxfordBlue ?

• @micra said:
    You watched it on iFollow @OxfordBlue ?

I am abroad this weekend so eligible without VPN!

• Oh dear...

• hate to say it but we are going down

• We are seriously in the cack now. In free fall.

• @Wanderers82 said:
    hate to say it but we are going down

Sadly have to agree

• @Wanderers82 said:
    hate to say it but we are going down

We can't be... as some people said on here a few weeks ago that we were safe, and they know what they are talking about

• Completely unacceptable. 3 points from the last 9 games. No game next week so even more chance to drop further into the mire.

• If games since Blackpool ended at the 83rd minutes, we'd be on 52 points.

I hate football.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Agreed tough on Sido, thought ElAbd was poor on Tuesday. A chance for him to prove to Shrews fans he is not as rubbish as they thought he was!!
    Come on big Yves.

Err, and the moral is - be careful what you wish for.

• I can't take following this crap anymore. Think I'll just take an early football holiday and check back at the end of the season to see if we stayed up.

• On the plus side, Gareth won't be linked to any more jobs at the moment

• @OxfordBlue said:

@micra said:
    You watched it on iFollow @OxfordBlue ?

I am abroad this weekend so eligible without VPN!

Can you still get it without VPN? Mine stopped working around Xmas.

• we need to support and encourage the team for the rest of the season. COYB's

• The team needs to give us something to support. Tuesday was woeful; today's result is appalling.

• On the plus side - We've got eight games left, five of them against the current bottom six.
    On the negative side - At the moment I feel like we'll lose all of them.

• Beyond gutted. If we win either game these past two Saturdays, we are probably safe.

• And the worst thing is I suppose...we have led in the last three. Yves better than allsopp?

• Balls, we were pretty good up until their goal. Left the guy alone for a nod in then soft pen after jj was skinned.

They were fighting for eachother, filling in , all looked good. Unfortunately teams are going to come at you and none of our forwards look likely to score so we can't finish off crap teams like this.

Cms to county looks more ridiculous by the minute.

• What was it someone was saying about people needing a cooling off period before taking to social media after a game? The responses to the club Twitter at the moment range from pure expletives to suggestions that Ainsworth has lost the dressing room (yes, really). There's being rightly annoyed, and then there's just being an idiot.

• Yep only nine teams below us now. Doomed. Just like some people on here said before the season started.

• @Jonny_King said:
    I can't take following this crap anymore. Think I'll just take an early football holiday and check back at the end of the season to see if we stayed up.

I stopped in the 87th min at home against plymouth, the time wasting and hoofball were to much for me.... good idea letting your best players return to there parent clubs in January and not replacing them. Bravo

• @th100 said:
    What was it someone was saying about people needing a cooling off period before taking to social media after a game? The responses to the club Twitter at the moment range from pure expletives to suggestions that Ainsworth has lost the dressing room (yes, really). There's being rightly annoyed, and then there's just being an idiot.

I have said this so often, the examples of operating mouth without engaging brain have increased beyond all recognition since social media gave a platform to people who don’t have the pause button in their repertoire.

• On a plus side for me i do have a season ticket at the Emirates so have fallen in love with my second love again xx

• @bigred87 he didn’t decide for those players to go back, their tespective parent clubs did.

He couldn’t find anyone suitable to replace them I’d imagine, at least not within the budget. I don’t blame Ainsworth for our lack of depth, his ability to recruit on a budget are second to none.

• Let’s be selfish.

66 minutes: looks promising and a point will maintain the gap between us and the Shrews and help me gain ground at the top of the WHC table.

67 minutes: euphoria, three vital points and that’s much more important than the silly old WHC table.

87 minutes: a point may be vital at the end of the season and in any case I’d gone for a draw (2-2) in the WHC.

96 minutes: despair - no consolation whatsoever.

That’s life.

• On the optimistic side I predict 8pts from our last 8 which could well see us stay up