Skip to content

Increasing the home support

2»

Comments

• Increasing senior discounts to state pension age or charging Under 12s £1 per game? @eric_plant

• I appreciate this is just a discussion but there's nothing stopping the club/trust getting a group of fans together to actually try and implement some of this stuff.

But there is no appetite for it, so I do find threads like this quite futile.

• Isnt that what the Fans Council is?

• @micra pensioners who live too far away to attend any matches are rolling in it.

• My opinion is...and probably agist I know...people at 60 are more likely to be active and attend and buy an ST than people who are 65 and older. A sweeping generalisation I know...but I think 60 is a decent age for a discount. Agree that £1 game for those people with pocket money to burn is not a bad idea! (I am in neither group)

• edited March 2019

@micra said:
    Dev would adult and seniors transposed.
    Oldies have too much disposable income.

For the biggest pedant on the board, this is shocking stuff son. Does that first line miss a comma, or a word or two? Hard to work out?

• OAPs should be charged double. They have by far tonnewad of cash, and they already have bought everything they need, so what else are they gonna spend their wong on?

Am I doing it right, Dev?

• The discount for Seniors is minimal anyway, especially on ST prices. Compare with nearby Watford where a Senior ticket seated in the home end for any Premier game is £22. Match day ticket price for Seniors at AP, seated, is £21. So that’s an extra pound to watch Liverpool or Man Utd as compared to Accrington or Rochdale. (Admittedly Senior tickets at Watford are for 65+)

• One thing that could help, is getting rid of the truly dreadful and pointless rock music blasting out just prior to the match and then again at half time. I do like rock and it's fine to listen to this on a good sound system but the AP knackered/tinny PA just can't cope. What a difference on Saturday with stuff like 'Sweet Caroline' etc. which, IMHO, added to, instead of detracting from, the atmosphere. It was very difficult to talk to anyone during the audio assault last night. Should have played it at the end to quell the grumbles!

• @Malone said:
    OAPs should be charged double. They have by far tonnewad of cash, and they already have bought everything they need, so what else are they gonna spend their wong on?

Am I doing it right, Dev?

I needed to laugh this morning. Thank you!

• @Doob said:
    The discount for Seniors is minimal anyway, especially on ST prices. Compare with nearby Watford where a Senior ticket seated in the home end for any Premier game is £22. Match day ticket price for Seniors at AP, seated, is £21. So that’s an extra pound to watch Liverpool or Man Utd as compared to Accrington or Rochdale. (Admittedly Senior tickets at Watford are for 65+)

Our supporters do get about ten minutes extra game time per match though!

• @Malone said:

@micra said:
    Dev would adult and seniors transposed.
    Oldies have too much disposable income.

For the biggest pedant on the board, this is shocking stuff son. Does that first line miss a comma, or a word or two? Hard to work out?

You’re being disingenuous again @Malone. I rather hoped you’d be impressed with my superb morning-after explanation (in response to @mooneyman) of the late-night gibberish.

• @MICRA, don't worry son, your rep as 2nd best poster on here is still standing.

• Who be @MICRA? Assume best poster must be that @MALONE guy.

• Ah, you're the best @micra. That recognition means a lot pal.

• You two are getting more like Romeo and Juliet every day!

• Dibs Romeo.

• It's the 21st Century, you can both be Romeo.
    Or Juliet.

• edited March 2019

We'll leave it that micra is near the top of the 20 individuals who post on the gashroom.

• That's a very different website Malone and it's libelous to suggest that Micra frequents it.

• Not quite maximum lols, but I grant you a fairly big lolz.

• Sorry I’m late. Been slurring in the Gashroom all afternoon.
    Not sure how Malone and I are going to increase the home shupport to be honest.