Skip to content

Coventry face expulsion

2»

Comments

• @wformation said:
    @Strongest To be completely clear, Trust members may vote to elect the Trust Board. you correctly referred to the Trust as being the Owner of WWFC. Trust owners are merely a "rose by another name" if that's too prickly for you

Trust Owners was a typo. . . and there I was thinking I'd cleared it all up.

@Uncle_T I forgot about non-voting shares but have no idea if they matter in any meaningful way.

• @StrongestTeam said:

@EwanHoosaami said:
    Can I ask for clarity on one or two points, that I just can't get my head around please? Are we a fan owned club & if we are what is the classification of fan owned. Surely we can't have, (lets say), 5,800 owners?

Probably about time this was asked in all seriousness as its shouted as being the be all and end all by some and the source of all problems by others.

"Fan owned club" is a nice marketing or psychological term but isn't great for explaining the processes.

WWFC is owned by the Trust , If you are a fan or season ticket holder or superfan, drummer, volunteer, ex player or other but aren't a trust member you don't own the club at all - basic point - they may represent your best interests or work in your name, but you don't own the club. Quite a few people on Facebook particularly don't get this.

Trust members then appoint a board. They run it not "the fans" , trust owners can vote in elections for board members and raise emergency meetings or votes in certain circumstances. Members who have held season tickets for 4 successive years - legacy members- have the right to vote on changes to certain aspects as set out in the rules.

Thanks @StrongestTeam. There was another motive behind the question, aside from genuinely wanting some clarity. It was really to see how far along the "ownership line" NDA's extended. I believe the closing date for Mr Harman to put forth his proposed bid has now passed and I assume is now being scrutinised, (along side the Americans'), however, it won't surprise many to find out that either/or will be shrouded in NDA's. Assuming that to be the case, how can we/I as legacy members vote on something so crucial to the future of the football club if most/all of the bid is hidden under a shroud of secrecy?

• I think Andy Harman and the 'Mericans should make their bank accounts available for Legacy Members scrutiny. And their books for the last ten years. If they have nothing to hide I cannot see why they would refuse. How will we be able to properly judge their worth and make an informed decision if we don't have all the facts?

• 7th March is the deadline for Harmans bid as he asked for more time to undertake a good look at the books.

• edited February 2019

@EwanHoosaami said:"How can we/I as legacy members vote on something so crucial to the future of the football club if most/all of the bid is hidden under a shroud of secrecy?"

If the details aren't forthcoming - just vote no.

• Haven't we established that the Board/Trust/Trevor Stroud and his mates will look at both bids and tell us which one they prefer? Then we vote on it. If you don't like the sound of it vote no. If you do vote yes. Then we start again...

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think Andy Harman and the 'Mericans should make their bank accounts available for Legacy Members scrutiny. And their books for the last ten years. If they have nothing to hide I cannot see why they would refuse. How will we be able to properly judge their worth and make an informed decision if we don't have all the facts?

You had me at "(They) should make their bank accounts available for Legacy Members".

• I fear if all prospective football club owners needed to present their books for the last ten years they might mostly be colouring