Skip to content

Match day thread: Luton

2»

Comments

• I’m inclined to agree @OxfordBlue especially as GA consistently refers to the target as 55. Sadly, we have been there before.
    However, I have a pretty good record as a results predictor (said he with characteristic modesty) and I would expect us to get 4 or 5 points from the next 4 games, 8 or 9 from the last 6 (= 55 or 57) and any points from the middle 4 would therefore either be a bonus or compensation for over-optimism on my part on the other 10.

COULDB (come on you light and dark blues).

• My prediction would be 16 points from the last 14 games putting us on 59 points. However, I am sure our planning expert from the West Country will check his spreadsheet this evening and tell me I am way out!

• If we keep picking up points at our current rate - which might be quite a big if - we'll finish on 61, which has been enough for a top half finish in 6 of the last 10 seasons

• Losing to Luton not a disaster....would be nice to get something from Barnsley...but as we know it's the failure to snatch points from those around us and below us that has cost us a bit of comfort!