Skip to content

Chairboys take on the Leaders - Crowd forecast - Match 32 - Luton (A) Sat 9th Feb

2»

Comments

• 10,350 with 744 Chairbeys.

• @BlueBoy said:
    9956, including 743 with painful knees and at least one pillar in the way.

And a pillock or two behind no doubt.

• 9884 with 761 Chairfolk. I have a feeling that this may not be our day for positive result though sadly.

• 10,410 of which 698 will be Wycombe ‘till they die and wanting to go home from Luton’s shithole of a town.

• 10250 with 875 my clairvoyant spies tell me

• Looks like it might be a good week for Gasroom Blue Average, especially for the size of the Blue Army

21 predictions so far -

Average for Total Crowd: 9956
    Average for Light Dark Blue Army 780

May the gods of forecasting be with you.

• 10058 with 752 grateful to mum and dad for where they were born.

• 10111 including 777 visitors with sore bums

• 10159 including 754 from Wycombe

• 10,124 with 772 travelling Chairboys and girls penned in the corner

• 10100 With 722 Wycombe fans

• 25 predictions at this point:

Average for Total Crowd: 9981
    Average for Light Dark Blue Army 777

Anyone who hasn't had a go yet - its worth a try - wikipedia gives the capacity of Kenilworth Rd as 10,356. Presumably there was segregation in the away end for their this season's home games against Sunderland (10,059), Plymouth (10,004), Peterborough (10,055) and Portsmouth (10,078).

Luton have sold out the home end and we very nearly sold our away allocation.

Last forecast to count 14:00 - when the singing starts.

Up the Blues

• If the rules permit, I’d like to increase my total gate prediction to 10,100.
    My wife spoke to a disgruntled acquaintance yesterday bemoaning the fact that he couldn’t get tickets for today’s game. 772 seems a very poor allocation but obviously they need to accommodate as many of their own fans as they can.

• 10272 including 772 from Wycombe

• Luton sold out their tickets well in advance Micra. We still had tickets left on Friday morning. Even if we just about sold our allocation, feels unlikely we would have sold out another block of 250 or so. Feels like given total demand, the two clubs have accommodated as many people as possible with the allocations chosen.

• I agree @DevC. I was simply pointing out that by yesterday morning Wycombe’s allocation had been sold, contrary to what you understood. That was frustrating for anyone (forget about 250) hoping to get a ticket but then I don’t suppose you find yourself in that situation very often.

• as I understood Micra, there were tickets available Friday morning. They may have sold out during the morning. I doubt we could have filled the next block of 250 though.

Was the personal attack necessary? As it happens I’m off to Tavistock town today. I doubt it will be a sellout...

• I don’t think it’s a personal attack to suggest that you are unlikely, at least for many a year, to have experienced the kind of frustration I was referring to. I trust you haven’t suddenly become a sensitive soul.

• Attendance is 10,072 with 751 Chairboys.

• edited February 2019

Congratulations to @DevC, who was closest, out by 14 with his predicition of 10058. Precision predicting.

Also congratulations to @Twizz who said there would be 750 Chairpersons.

Eleven honourable mentions - all with predictions closer than 100. Blue Average was also close - just 79 away.

Credit and Honourable mentions to all the following:

Gasroomer Prediction How close
    ForeverBlue 10100 28
    wendoverman 10111 39
    mooneyman 10111 39
    ReadingMarginalista 10124 52
    Glenatico 10012 60
    robin 10010 62
    bookertease 10001 71
    onlooker 10000 72
    Aok84 9997 75
    DJWYC 9987 85
    Ned_Ludd 10159 87

Expect changes in the Tour de Season Table.

Thanks to all for participating. Respect again to @DevC.

• Was my revised prediction (10,100) yesterday morning not accepted @railwaysteve ?

• Sorry @Micra - I was aiming to keep the rules consistent over the season. I think I did allow changes on one previous occasion, but made a post to say it was allowed

The main rules have been:
    All predictions to count must be in be an hour before kick off.
    No changes unless they convert opposition fans to Wycombe fans and then the total must remain the same.

General question:

Do we want a rule that allows everyone a single revision if the home club declares all tickets sold?
    It would probably been more fun and still been fair on this occasion.

• The only two games I have been vaguely close to winning have been the two Luton away games. If I was Richie, I’d be bloody miles clear....

I’d stick with your rules with this season but allow changes next (assuming you run it again) .

• @railwaysteve was my amended prediction also not acceptable? I left my overall prediction the same, just converting Wycombe fans to Luton fans upon hearing news of our disappointing allocation...

• @YorkExile, @micra, @thedieharder, @Wendoverman - apologies for the lack of opportunity - one reason I didn't declare that predictions could be changed was that I was one of people with the most to gain from it. The other is that I could see the possibility of all the action taking place in the last 10 minutes.

In retrospect it was a peculiar situation: it actually was Luton's 2nd highest attendance of the season only 6 less than they had for Portsmouth on 29.01.19. I guess that they segregate the away end to give a maximum of 772 away "seats" for any opposition with a substantial following.

I have put a rule change up on the Tour de Season thread which will deal with a similar situation in the future, and reward those like yourselves who choose to forecast early.

• No apologies necessary for me @railwaysteve I am appalling at crowd predictions as a rule so any disadvantage I might have suffered is a mere bagatelle when taken over my usual dreadful season!

• And to be fair @railwaysteve I didn’t update my prediction until Saturday morning. I got quite excited when the actual gate was announced as, if my revised figure had been accepted, that would have been a hat-trick of successive close calls. But I had a feeling that I had probably breached the rules.