Skip to content

Match day thread: Bradford

Comments

• What was bean up 2 @shev?

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Why would we let one of our players go to America !?!? Even if he's injured he should be here, and if he's not injured questions should be asked

He gave the answer in the interview. He siad tghat it has been decided that he will not play in three matches in the week. So he left with the magagers blessing.

• Resting by going to the US to do media work..mmm...tbh they're paying him more than we are. Shit game in the cold. Better point for us than them.

• Two pairs of socks and my toes still hurt. I have literally nothing to say about the game

• @bigred87 said:
    What was bean up 2 @shev?

Miss-kicked a cutback by McCarthy in injury time from the middle of the area, unfortunately. He did have a defender on him, to be fair.

• Dreadful game in freezing conditions. Still, one point closer to the guaranteed staying up, which we'd all have eaten up.

Strange to hear Bayo was in America. Like someone earlier said, that's a strange form of "rest".

Samuel was already having one of his boy against men performances, so to go off and then be replaced by an even less physical striker as a lone front man was unique!

Bolton looks completely like a full back playing on the wing at the moment. A fair few neat little tackles and nickings of the ball away, but nothing attack wise.

Suddenly look quite weak up front, but it is just one game.

• Really poor game. Good to get another clean sheet although we rode our luck a few times. Bradford will be disappointed not to have scored, although in the end we could have pinched it.

Disappointing that we never really gave Bolton, Kashkett or Tyson the chance to get on the ball and get their head up.

• @HolmerBlue said:
    Why would we let one of our players go to America !?!? Even if he's injured he should be here, and if he's not injured questions should be asked

Gone to see Bill and Jim!

• The Big Match Preview - posted after Bayo was filmed in Atlanta for some NFL content - made no mention of any injury whatsoever. Stated that Charles and Yves were "the only ones sidelined."

• *correction, it was posted 4 hours before, which means he must have picked up the injury and made it to Atlanta all in that time. We're not stupid...

• @Malone said:
    Samuel was already having one of his boy against men performances, so to go off and then be replaced by an even less physical striker as a lone front man was unique!

Suddenly look quite weak up front, but it is just one game.

Good thing we have the goal scoring experience of CMS as backup. Oh wait...

• I wonder if the CMS deal has a call back option in it. I'd imagine not for such a long length deal.

• People were joking about the ‘step up’ for Bolton when he signed, but there clearly is a step up from the u23 league to grown man football. He’ll get there I’m sure.

Hopefully Samuel isn’t too bad.

• One of the worst games I've seen this season but will take a point. Bradford played well and might have scored twice in first half, though their (attractive) bark seemed to be worse than their bite.

The aimless hoofing toward Samuel and, subsequently, Kashket was very frustrating, not least because when we did get it down on the deck we looked incisive and dangerous.

Hope Samuel's not too bad...

• PCH looked really good when he came on, at least.

• You can’t recall a loan between EFL teams anymore. CMS is gone until the end of the season

• @Shev said:
    PCH looked really good when he came on, at least.

He was great, wasn't he!

• You can't play a midfield of Gape, Thompson and Bloomfield and really expect a display of creative passing. You would expect them to treat it with more care than a bomb that is due to explode any second.

Also, Alsopp needs to command the 6 yard box much better.

• Alsopp seemed to struggle to keep the ball on the island today

@prufrock_91 , what did you think when Bean came on for the last 5 then!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @floyd In the first half Luke Bolton was totally ignored by our midfield. All the attempted passes were to the left. On one occasion Gape received a pass from Bolton and rather than return the pass he looked over to the left and then lost the ball. There was an absence of any form of team work. Hoff and hope was the order of the day. Very disappointing.

• Terrible first half, got better as the second half progressed.

Thompson gets better and better, the goal line clearance in the first half kept us in it when we probably deserved to be losing.

Bolton did ok but I'll be annoyed if he starts ahead of PCH again any time soon given the impact Paris had when he came on.

5 unbeaten. Looking forward to what GA's cunning plan will be against Luton next week.

• An awful game, though a useful point in keeping our league tally ticking over.

• @wingnut said:

@HolmerBlue said:

He gave the answer in the interview. He siad tghat it has been decided that he will not play in three matches in the week. So he left with the magagers blessing.

Yet he's moaning on Instagram he's tired.

• Anyone know the tune on the PA after the final whistle? Sounded like Gaz Brookfield but I was doing my usual run through the car park to try and get away sharpish.

• Gape McCarthy and pch looked excellent once Paris came on and we could have snatched it. Surely when samuel went off it would have been better for kashket to go wide and Tyson in the middle? We did not lose but Bradford were unlucky.

• Thompson very good again. Great signing.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Anyone know the tune on the PA after the final whistle? Sounded like Gaz Brookfield but I was doing my usual run through the car park to try and get away sharpish.

Not sure of the title but believe it's by Frank Turner.

• Any views on the penalty shout? Ball seemed to touch the arm on the ground, but was it played deliberately? Could the defender have avoided it? Did it impede Paris in any way? I thought it was more “seen ‘em given” than “nailed on”.

• @Fit2drop said:
    Anyone know the tune on the PA after the final whistle? Sounded like Gaz Brookfield but I was doing my usual run through the car park to try and get away sharpish.

Definitely Frank Turner.