Skip to content

Trust Meeting this evening

124»

Comments

• Fair point

• @bookertease ca't we just make it a show of hands over tea and some nice sandwiches?

• @peterparrotface said:
    @AlanCecil just wanted to pass on genuine thanks for whoever sorted the stream for last night.

Excellent quality sound and vision and a real step forward that these meetings are now available to those who can't travel, etc.

Thank you. I take no credit for arranging the technical side of things, but 'I know a man who did' so will pass on your thanks. Appreciation also to DanCam and to a professional satellite broadcast company that proved to be better than relying on wiFi connection.

Those of us on the Trust Board did our bit to ensure that as many LMs as possible could attend, with others and ordinary Trust members being able to watch and comment from home.

• I'm still a bit disheartened that the people running the club and the trust - Howard , Beeks and Stroud (and the Trust FD) had got us to such a place that we were so desperate that we had to risk Adams Park to borrow money from overseas "good blokes" and then two of those four directors just quit and walk away?!

Are we back in the bad old Beeks-Hayes days of spending way beyond our means? (which as Dickens said, "..... result, Misery")

Do the people making those financial decisions deserve to making the current financial decisions (about who we give the club away to)?

Will we get the Hayes promise of giving us back the club if the new investor wants to quit at sometime in the future?

I'm also unhappy that the serious implications of Trevor's employment by AH (and dual role at Football Club and Trust) hasn't been fully discussed (or understood) by more people - we are in this situation today partly because of the lack of governance of the Football Club by the Trust.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @bookertease ca't we just make it a show of hands over tea and some nice sandwiches?

Don't forget the crisps.

• Well said @wandering_jock ... can't believe more people can't see it that way

• @AlanCecil said:

@peterparrotface said:
    @AlanCecil just wanted to pass on genuine thanks for whoever sorted the stream for last night.

Excellent quality sound and vision and a real step forward that these meetings are now available to those who can't travel, etc.

Thank you. I take no credit for arranging the technical side of things, but 'I know a man who did' so will pass on your thanks. Appreciation also to DanCam and to a professional satellite broadcast company that proved to be better than relying on wiFi connection.

Those of us on the Trust Board did our bit to ensure that as many LMs as possible could attend, with others and ordinary Trust members being able to watch and comment from home.

Second that. I was laid up ill and fortunately was able to spare you all from my coughing and spluttering thanks to the live stream. The levels were a little low for the contributions from the floor , otherwise it was a massive help for those who couldn't make it for whatever reason.
    Hopefully this a service that will be continued in future.