Skip to content

PNL's Appleton will look players in the eyes and tell them if in his plans for next season.

Talks will begin this week with some of the 15 members of the squad whose contracts expire this summer, having been put on hold until the U’s got themselves out of relegation trouble

http://www.heraldseries.co.uk/sport/12901608.Oxford_United_s_out_of_contract_players_to_learn_fate_in_next_week/

Sounds ominous.

Comments

• Danny Rose might be worth a look.

• surely he'll need his best players to avoid same next season?

• ofc Appleton is likely to keep Danny Rose, but for the others it's squeaky bum time. As I bet a lot of League 2 clubs will cut their cloth, as regards to next seasons budget. Seems to be the vogue in the lower leagues.

• Not a surprise. If you haven't got it you can't spend it.

• A few League 2 sides have already culled their squad.

Carlisle: Released David Amoo, Stephen Elliott, Josh Gillies, Sean O'Hanlon, Matt Robson, David Symington + player-coach Paul Thirlwell. Transfer Listed: Troy Archibald-Henville, Mark Beck, Gary Dicker, Anthony Griffith, Danny Kearns, Courtney Meppen-Walter, Billy Paynter and Antony Sweeney.

Cheltenham: Released Durrell Berry, Craig Braham-Barrett, Troy Brown, Danny Haynes, Mathieu Manset, Matt Richards, Andy Haworth and Matt Gould. Transfer Listed: Trevor Carson, Jack Deaman, Omari Sterling-James, Matt Taylor, Lee Vaughan and Jamal Lawrence. They are retaining only five players, all recent youth team products, although of course they may not be able to shift some of the ones transfer-listed.

Northampton: Released Matt Duke, Lee Collins, Ben Tozer, Darren Carter, Ross Perry, Lewis Hornby, Ian Morris, Billy Bodin and Tom Newey. Transfer Listed: John-Joe O'Toole (one year into a three-year deal) and Chris Hackett

Oxford Mail says PLN will announce theirs tomorrow.

• I think I read on here some weeks ago that Kemar Roofe, Oxford's goal scoring midfielder, is a free agent at the end of the season. Apparently the Baggies have no intention of renewing his contract. If affordable, he would be a great signing.

• From 2013...

• Meh.. me bad.

• Luton: Released strikers Alex Wall and Charlie Walker, midfielders Jim Stevenson, Kynan Isaac, Ian Rees and Charlie Smith and defender Brett Longden. Listed: Curtley Williams, Fraser Franks, Alex Lacey, Ross Lafayette, Andy Parry and Matthew Robinson.

• Mansfield have released Lee Beevers, Martin Riley, Ricky Ravenhill, Alex Fisher, Sascha Studer, Simon Heslop and Michael Raynes. Studer is a young Swiss keeper signed last summer who didn't make the expected progress, hence signing Lenny, but near the end of the season Lenny was on the bench and Studer in the team. Matty Blair and Luke Jones out of contract but may stay depending on fitness. John Dempster is becoming academy manager

• Cambridge: Released: Luke Chadwick, Tom Elliott, Matteo Lanzoni, Mitch Austin, Richard Tait, Michael Nelson, Ian Miller, Ryan Bird and Nathan Arnold. Tom Champion has left "by mutual consent". Listed: Josh Coulson, Greg Taylor, Johnny Hunt, Robbie Simpson and Jordan Slew.

• Very interesting:

Burton have released: Stefan Maletic, Mickael Antoine-Curier, Joe Doyle, Lee Bell, Ian Sharps and Jimmy Phillips.

• I'd sign Antoine-Curier.

• Very interesting:

Burton have released: Stefan Maletic, Mickael Antoine-Curier, Joe Doyle, Lee Bell, Ian Sharps and Jimmy Phillips.

• lolz was in my draft box. Sorry for double posting.

• Looking as though there are going to be loads of players looking for clubs over the next couple of months in League 2.

The haul of players out of contract should managing player's expectations modify their demands and make our players budget more manageable to fit our needs.

• Since you seem to be plugged into this, what about League 1 clubs? Isn't that where we should be looking, whatever happens over the next few days/weeks?

• Bearing in mind our budget, snap up a few, who caused us problems in League 2 and know what to expect if the join our "no ego's" merry bunch.

• Well, if we're looking at L1 cast offs, Yeovil:

Captain Joe Edwards, 24, has also decided to leave the Glovers.

Craig Eastmond, Nathan Ralph, Sam Hoskins, Joel Grant, Gozie Ugwu, Kieffer Moore, Seth Twumasi, James Hayter, Alex Smith, Liam Davis and Fergus Bell have all been let go.

The club have made offers to terminate the contracts of AJ Leitch-Smith, James Berrett, Adam Morgan and Artur Krysiak.

• Couldn't help myself.

Plymouth Argyle Retained List 2015-16.

Out of contract, offered new contract: Lewis Alessandra, James Bittner, Tyler Harvey, Anthony O’Connor.

Option to extend contract taken up by the club: Aaron Bentley, Peter Hartley.

Out of contract, released: River Allen, Jason Banton, Dominic Blizzard, Matt Lecointe, Marvin Morgan, Ollie Norburn, Jamie Richards, Paul Wotton (retired).

Loans expired: Zak Ansah, Tareiq Holmes-Dennis, Gethin Jones, Bobby Reid.

Under contract: Ryan Brunt, Lee Cox, Carl McHugh, Luke McCormick, Kelvin Mellor, Curtis Nelson, Ben Purrington, Reuben Reid, Deane Smalley.

Read more at http://www.pafc.co.uk/news/article/retain-list-2458750.aspx#ShxJ0K87W7pJgBKQ.99

• I'd take Banton next season, I don't know why he wasn't started tbh. He seems like a great player, always looked like a threat when he got the ball.

• Craig Eastmond I would have in a heart beat. Absolutely superb on loan at our place. Sign him up Gazza and chuck in Banton while you're at it son!

• Would be over the moon with Eastmond.