Skip to content

What formation should we be playing?

2»

Comments

• @eric_plant said:
    "Freeman reminds me of Messi, I'd stick him out on loan"

Gasroom Gold

Think about it. I'm not saying that he's the best in the world but he dribbles very well and is one of the best in the squad to do it.

• @rmjlondon said:
    I have never read so much shite as this thread and there have been some serious instances of shite and some posted by me in the past !!!!

Well don't read it then!!!

• A kamikaze 2-2-3-3 should do the trick, always worked on Pro Evo Soccer 6 on the PS2 for me.

• @ReadingMarginalista said:
    A kamikaze 2-2-3-3 should do the trick, always worked on Pro Evo Soccer 6 on the PS2 for me.

Thats just suicidual...

• That's the point of a Kamikaze

• @rmjlondon said:
    I have never read so much shite as this thread and there have been some serious instances of shite and some posted by me in the past !!!!

Well said @rmjlondon - on both counts!
    I don’t know who this new kid on the block is but I do know that I find most of what he/she says and the way he/she says it absolutely excruciating.

• @micra said:

@rmjlondon said:

Well said @rmjlondon - on both counts!
    I don’t know who this new kid on the block is but I do know that I find most of what he/she says and the way he/she says it absolutely excruciating.

If it is 'excruciating' in your opinion, you don't have to read my opinion if you don't want too. I'm only here really to express my opinions and read what other people have to say.

• Thanks for that. It hadn’t occurred to me.

• @micra said:
    Thanks for that. It hadn’t occurred to me.

I hope it does now

• I rest my case Diehard.

• @micra said:
    I rest my case Diehard.

Same here

• Happy New Year mate. I’ve got the hump after three defeats in a row!

• @micra said:
    Happy New Year mate. I’ve got the hump after three defeats in a row!

Why do you think we have been playing badly?

• Stop bullying people @micra.
    But @thedieharder, are you one of the handful of posters on here who have a second account? Just the way you've come in and been so prolific suggests you're letting your other account cool down for a bit...

• @Malone said:
    Stop bullying people @micra.
    But @thedieharder, are you one of the handful of posters on here who have a second account? Just the way you've come in and been so prolific suggests you're letting your other account cool down for a bit...

No this is my only account. I'm relatively new to all this. But I'm only here for two things as I listed.

• @thedieharder said:

@micra said:

I don’t think we have been playing badly but if you think we have, so be it. I will respect your opinion but I cannot give you a reason why we have been playing badly because I don’t think we have. In fact, on the evidence of @bluntphil’s excellent commentary, I would say we have been playing well (except perhaps for the first half at Burton).

• @micra said:

@thedieharder said:

@micra said:

I don’t think we have been playing badly but if you think we have, so be it. I will respect your opinion but I cannot give you a reason why we have been playing badly because I don’t think we have. In fact, on the evidence of @bluntphil’s excellent commentary, I would say we have been playing well (except perhaps for the first half at Burton).

Would agree with that. We were comfortably the better team against Gillingham, Wimbledon, and Scunthorpe on the balance of play and chances created. Only Burton have outplayed us in this run. Means nothing though if they take their chances and we don't.

• Wandering Days is spot on. I have seen all the recent games and in the main we’ve played well. We’re going through one of those spells that most teams have during a season when things just don’t go your way. GA’s comments after Scunny were correct: ‘if we keep playing like that we’ll be ok’ even though they were criticised by some of the ‘experts’ on the Facebook page. He is admirably honest in his post match comments, if we’ve played poorly he will say so. We weren’t poor at Scunny.
    Anyway, here’s hoping for a return to winning ways against Coventry and can I wish a happy new year to gasroomers everywhere, even those with whom I have occasionally crossed swords in 2018!

• Did not travel so have no idea with regard to the Burton or Scunthorpe games but I thought we were unlucky against the wombles as in they out league two'd us but we created enough chances to get back into it. My only complaint was that Tyson perhaps should have been hooked for CMS in my opinion.. As for a Scunthorpe as they could not add to an eighth minute goal im prepared to accept we were still In it to the end. Need a win tomorrow to kick start our title run.

• We did totally outplay Scunthorpe and had no luck at all but it is difficult to judge our performance as Scunthorpe looked very poor but did defend ‘enthusiastically’.

Having said that i did think we played very well the last 20 minutes of the first half and the first 20 minutes of the second.

We had a lot of free kicks on the edge of their box as they had to resort to fouling Freeman and Fred to stop their runs.

Some pretty good performances out there, notably Fred, Freeman and McCarthy. Stewart looked assured and Kashket was very unlucky - it really was a brilliant save second half.

• edited December 2018

Teams at the bottom will look at games against us as 'must wins' I would suggest...or at least ones they will have a chance against. We are the Bournemouth/Brighton/Leicester rather than Man City or Liverpool of the league.