Skip to content

Last of the Year: Scunthorpe Away - Match 25 - Saturday 29th Dec 2018 - Attendance Predictions

2»

Comments

• @railwaysteve I thought I'd made more than that, maybe I've missed a cut-off time on previous ones.
    I predict 3,562 with 451 hardy souls making their way from South Bucks to the town that is the arch nemesis of profanity filters

• 3555 with 355 from Bucks

• 3700 with 318 away

• You set off early @BlueBoy.

• 3489 the attendance - I haven't found any figures for the away crowd yet - please post if anyone has them.

A good day for those who forecast - a total of 23 gasroomers did so and 11 recorded predictions within one hundred of the actual attendance.

Closest was @thedieharder - first prediction and only 10 away with 3479 - congratulations indeed.

Next closest @NorsQuarters - 11 away with 3500 - congratulations for fine predicting.

Congratulations to our two top current predictors who stayed in close contention at the very top of the 'Tour de Season' table - @Shev whose prediction of 3433 was 56 away and @Manboobs whose prediction of 3412 was 77 away.

Further honourable mentions for those within one hundred namely @Thicketblue - 66 away with 3555; @ReadingMarginalista - 73 away with 3562; @robin - 85 away with 3574; @Ned_Ludd - 87 away with 3402; then three who were all 89 away - @Wendoverman (3400), @DJWYC14 (3400) and @tewkesburychairboy (3578).

Blue Average was out by only 52 - 3437 was our collective prediction.

So I am trying to put today's result behind me, I guess it could have been somewhat frustrating for those who were there, it was bad enough hearing the @bluntphil telling the sad tale and he does it very well.

I will put the forecast thread up for the Coventry game hopefully this evening.
    Will it be a bumper crowd? Here's to next year.

Thanks for taking part.

• Congratulations @thedieharder. Very impressive.