Skip to content

Wimbledon at Home - Match 23 - Saturday 22nd December 2018 - Attendance Predictions

2»

Comments

• edited December 2018

5200 with 720 picking up all of the things that they find

• edited December 2018

22 predictions - 22 hours before the game.

Weather forecast: 10°C and sunny intervals - plus the Christmas floodlights for the 2nd half - bit different to last week.

At the moment we say -

Average for Total Crowd: 4917
    Average for Wombles 557

Small print:
    Last time for prediction to count is 14:02 (adjudged to be consistently one hour before KO)
    Only alterations normally allowed are those which only change opposition fans to Wycombe fans

Seasons Greetings .....and happy predicting

• Well I’ve over estimated the delights of Christmas shopping in the Octagon and under estimated the great Wycombe public’s interest in the mighty Blues (and completely forgotten the bring a friend for a fiver offer despite referencing it on the score prediction thread!). Club just tweeted over 4500 tickets sold.

Damn you and your small print rules @railwaysteve. Or Happy Christmas to be more accurate. Hope my score prediction is similarly askew.

• 4800 with 700

• 4,893 with 522 wombling free.

• 5411 with 534 from Wimbledon

• No time to research - not that that helps.

5050 including 600 Wombles

• 4200 plus 420 Dons

• Wisdom and realism. You’ve knocked me off my lofty perch but I expect to be nearer.
    The good weather may push the total nearer to 4500 in fact but (@railwaysteve) I’m sticking to my original figures.

• Respect to you @micra: I have to work a lot at not being too optimistic. Halfway would be 4787 which would itself be a very respectable crowd compared to lots of the games last season. You appear to me to be right more often than you are learning to be right and right now it does seem a fine day to be going to watch Wycombe.

Now I am on my way and have just updated the spreadsheet.

There have been a healthy 27 predictions and we say:
    Average for Total Crowd: 4924
    Average for Wombles 556

All welcome to make a prediction. The closest nearly always gets some credit on here!

Up the Blues.

• 4712 in total with 498 from Wimbledon. This game has 1-0 defeat written all over it.

• edited December 2018

4,672, of which 784 will be the furry South London rodent litter pickers in the away end.

• It's 5,814 with 600 away

• I feel embarrassed to have underestimated the gate by about 1500 but what a terrific turnout a few days before Christmas at a time when gates tend to be at their lowest.
    Just a shame that all those “occasional” patrons witnessed one of the least attractive performances of the season.

• Congratulations to @Aok84 - he was closest with 5411 - 403 away from the actual attendance - please take some credit for bold predicting.

We were a bit more accurate with estimating the away crowd - @Thicketblue was spot on with his prediction of 600 and @Glenactico was just one out with 599

I don't think there will be much change on the Tour de Season leaderboard.

Boxing day thread should be up tomorrow

• @micra said:

Just a shame that all those “occasional” patrons witnessed one of the least attractive performances of the season.

'T'was ever thus when cheap tickets are offered.

• ‘Twas indeed.

• Anyone noticed how pithy I’ve become? I blame Malone.

• And no, I don’t have a lithp.