Skip to content

Trust AGM this evening

13»

Comments

• The objective value of a company losing significant money every year and virtually no assets but some debt is very very close to zero as of today.

These guys are proposing to fund losses through equity for a period while they attempt to turn the clubs finances around. Without knowing the losses that will be incurred for say five years, I don't see how you can be precise at this stage.

I wonder if it will be more X upfront for say 75% of voting shares plus a promise to subscribe for up to X non voting B shares as required over the next few years.

anymore pointless speculation at this stage. lets wait and see.

• You've got two main areas as far as I'm concerned

1) Asset Value and potential resale value - why sell on the cheap for someone else to take a profit in years to come. If they didn't think it was viable they wouldn't be interested

2) Ongoing funding and liabilities - simply if they aren't investing to a far higher degree than we can afford to, and they can't meet losses its unsustainable anyway and we've lost fan control for nothing.

Yes, the numbers matter, and the terms, and any exit / rebuy strategy.

• They must consider the club viable and potentially profitable and I would expect their offer to reflect that. I would also be looking for safeguards with regard to the ground and exit/rebuy as suggested by @StrongestTeam just in case (and I know you'll find this unthinkable Devon) they are a bunch of greedy asset-stripping carpetbaggers. (I have no idea of figures or percentages involved so no long posts asking a load of unanswerable questions please...)

• the 90% of S/T who are not members of the Trust, but qualify for the Legacy Status will NOT be counted in the Voting. Only Legacy members of the Trust can vote , and that is providing they have paid their current subs in the next fortnight.

Regarding the probably Sale , I assume it would be more than 50% of the voting shares, Although the Americans did say that the money would be invested rather than a Loan. I assume that the current Loan will be part of the cost of obtaining the appropriate number of Shares that they wish to purchase. The full details of the scheme need to be carefully studied, I hope that the Trust Board are using Supporters Direct as well as a good Lawyer to draw up the terms.

• I did ask them to consult with supporters direct in the feedback but the club might see them as too pro fan ownership. They have expertise that can help.

• Heard a rumour that the presentation will be in Doha to allow as many legacy members as possible to attend

• I was told it will be in Pyongyang.

• My invite is to Trevor Stroud's money pit at Beachdean. Thanks @marlowchair