Skip to content

Gaz , how much longer can we keep him?

2»

Comments

• @Shev only wycombe managers and players fail to impress richie.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Be nice @fame_46. Richie could get upset and flounce off never to be seen again. Then, a year or two down the line, when we lose a couple of games on the trot and there are none of his uplifting posts on here in response you’ll sit back, frown and think I wonder what happened to poor old RMJ and hope he found fulfilment.

(On a purely technical basis though I think the evidence does stack up that way)

• oh dear....Kevin Nolan has a good record against us at Adams Park doesn't Kevin Nolan?

• Going back to the original point I would actually narrow it down to two clubs who we may have to worry about: Reading and Millwall. I doubt any Premier league club would risk a relatively unproven English manager, which means we are probably looking only at Championship ones at the wrong end of the table. They seem the most likely both in terms of manager churn and proximity.

The other alternative is a ‘big’ league 1 club struggling. So perhaps we could add Plymouth to those two

• @bookertease said:
    Going back to the original point I would actually narrow it down to two clubs who we may have to worry about: Reading and Millwall. I doubt any Premier league club would risk a relatively unproven English manager, which means we are probably looking only at Championship ones at the wrong end of the table. They seem the most likely both in terms of manager churn and proximity.

The other alternative is a ‘big’ league 1 club struggling. So perhaps we could add Plymouth to those two

Really couldn't see Ainsworth going to Plymouth.

• I suspect GA knows he is safe at Wycombe for a time yet @bookertease and we are having a decent season. I think he will want to survive this year at least and as others have posted nowadays managers have to look at where they will be if they get biffed after six months. If it was me I would only uproot my family for a club where, should I get the tin tack the pay-off would set me up for life so I could ride the damage to my reputation. It's pretty clear that unless you are a hughes, mclaren, warnock, pulis making a hash of a move to a bigger club can do for your career nowadays!

• I was being mischievous @OxfordBlue. I can’t either

• @braywanderer said:
    Why can’t he manage Wycombe in the championship? He will decide his future with the outcome of the vote.

Well said @braywanderer. I am personally convinced that this is very close to the truth and that this vote means more in a wider sense than we may perceive.

• @ValleyWanderer let's not discount the fact by the same token that a new owner might make that decision for him!

• Ah yes, @Wendoverman, a wider sense indeed!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited November 2018

@fame_46 agree totally. And I think he knows he has a chance to build something special here...a la Eddie Howe or at least go down as someone who tried bloody hard to.

• The much sneered at 5 year plan actually ends with us staying up this year doesn't it?
    So he'll definitely want to fulfil that part.

Safe in his position anyway, and with the prospect of new backers coming in, currently sitting in 10th, it'd be a bad time to go.

• Fingers crossed, QPR's upturn in form continues.

• edited November 2018

We football fans are hopeless aren't we? We not only worry about what could happen in the bad times, but also the good times, the lack of cash and financial stability and also the possibility of new investment and what it may bring! On matchday we worry we might lose but dream we may win. At that point our differences are put aside and we're briefly united (in the classic not team sense). Long may it continue. COGA! COYB!

• @fame_46 said:
    Why would he leave now? Riding the wave in league 1, potentially new owners on boarding. Nucleus of a squad which can develop further.

Absolutley. He may have, like a former Wanderers manger, a silly little dream

• Indeed. He's not good enough for league one and if he is - he'll leave for someone else

• Paul Ince's managerial career hit the buffers after early success, first he ditched Macclesfield for Franchise, then Franchise for then Premier league Blackburn Rovers and it's been downhill for him ever since.
    Maybe if Ince had stayed at Macclesfield and built upon his first season success there, then he might have had a longer career in management.