Skip to content

Best left back in 134 years? Jacobson/Titterten

2»

Comments

• It makes you wonder what on earth Adams was thinking playing him left back, whilst also wondering if he was a striker!

• We also seem not to have mentioned George Borg. Not the greatest by a long way but fun to watch!

• Trying to work out Adams’s reasoning is a fool’s errand.

• In days of yore when I was totally obsessed with all things Wanderers, I watched them on a wet Wednesday afternoon at Wembley. Although it was a reserve game watched by a couple of dozen spectators and the odd dog, there was one particularly enthusiastic and vocal player regularly storming forward along the near touch line and intermittently shouting “f***in’ ‘ell” when displeased with teammates and/or officials. “Bet you ‘ope they do mate” rang out from a nearby spectator. No idea who he was but the player was the aforementioned George Borg. What a character.

• George Borg my Childhood hero, great coming forward, wonderful left foot wand and the most explicit Anglo Saxon language. Had the pleasure of meeting him a couple of years ago, great character.
    Suprising feat the darling of the cowshed George, was never sent off for the Wanderers .

• Great feat.

• I didn't witness Carlos Lopez's Wanderers runout, but I thought, although a left back, he played the game at centre-back (or the other way round?) and later put this forward as a reason for his poor performance?

• He played at left back. I’m not sure he’d been on a football pitch before.

• Job done today at around 15.40

• Duncan Horton and Les Thompson were decent, although Horton seemed to be permanently crocked!!!!