Skip to content

Sky secures EFL tv rights

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/46267320?__twitter_impression=true

Interesting development, hopefully means a bit more of Wycombe live on the telly but is this a good or a bad thing?

Comments

• Normally I'd say Murdoch getting his grubby mitts on anything in football is bad, but is this really worse that the current condition of FL highlights, now on Freeview Channel number 1293094087.

• I don't mind quest highlights myself

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Normally I'd say Murdoch getting his grubby mitts on anything in football is bad, but is this really worse that the current condition of FL highlights, now on Freeview Channel number 1293094087.

He's sold SKY hasn't he?

• The Sky deal is for live matches, Quest have the highlights contract for another three seasons. In my opinion the Quest highlights are an improvement on Goal Rush and so far I have managed to select a channel number higher than five without any problems.

• Agree re Quest - i would add that the discussion between Colin Murray and Ian Holloway about Ainsworth's motivational powers, the budget match-up between us and Sunderland, and how Gaz uses the loan market, was accurate, informed and on point.

• They should keep quiet about it @LeedsBlue he needs to be viewed as a small-time spendthrift manager hated by fans and players alike with no motivational skills for the next couple of seasons at least!

• I've been pleasantly surprised by the quest highlights show, a definite improvement, and they give extended highlights during international breaks, not none!

• @Wendoverman said:
    I don't mind quest highlights myself

Where so live the single on those fringe channels is too weak to supply a picture mist of the time, so no idea if it is any good!

• You can watch them on quest OD on your computer/ tablet, their app works pretty well.

• The Quest highlights have been good, Murray is a well informed presenter, which helps.

Shame they don’t have a HD channel on freeview (not where I am anyway) as the picture is a bit fuzzy.

• @arnos_grove, it took me a while to notice QuestHD but it's on 114 on my Freeview.

Murray is excellent, but Olly is on a bit of a jolly, I know what he's going to say.