Skip to content

Comments

• This is absolutely marvellous news

• Great stuff. Hopefully a similar announcement soon about Curtis Thompson?

• Brilliant!

• Excellent! COYB!

• he's earned this on industry alone....hopefully he'll start banging them in soon.! Excellent news!

• Excellent work mr Ainsworth

• Samuel must be the most misspelled player we’ve ever had. Regardless, very happy with this news. Looks a real find to me.

• Please can a site Admin edit the thread title to show Alex correct surname; Samuel.

• 2 1/2 years for few goals to date, no proven record and only a lot of hard work and running so far seems a bit excessive, especially given the financial position.

• @EssexWanderer: Don’t underestimate pace, determination and the ability to hold the ball and distribute it against physical odds. The goals will come.

• @micra said:
    @EssexWanderer: Don’t underestimate pace, determination and the ability to hold the ball and distribute it against physical odds. The goals will come.

I hope I am very wrong

• @drcongo said:
    Samuel must be the most misspelled player we’ve ever had. Regardless, very happy with this news. Looks a real find to me.

Err.... Paul EmbleN

• Sammy Woods !!

• It used to be comical listening to the pa announcements at away games in the Isthmian lge, with the various pronouncements of Anton Vircavs.

• Getting this kind of young talent under contract really nodes well for the future!

• Bodes, even! (Though future nodes are vital too)

• He looked to have one hell of a challenge to actually get on the bench when he signed, and looked to just be a lesser cup, occasional run out squad player.

He's done fantastically to smash his way into the picture, and get into the league starting team. Well done to the lad.

Andy Baird style player.

• Fully deserved i love a player that gives a 100% and more.... having a think who would be our greatest free signing in recent history?

• Akinfenwa by miles

• It's probably Jordon Ibe, if 2007 counts as recent, and if a 12 year old counts as a signing.

• Also a contender in the commonly misspelled stakes.

• Only one contender for this.

Jock McCallum

Joined in 1935, left in 1951. Played 350 games, scored 224 goals. Name spelt incorrectly in programme every single game over a sixteen year period.

I rest my case.

• What was the correct/incorrect spelling @DevC ?

• @EssexWanderer said:

@micra said:
    @EssexWanderer: Don’t underestimate pace, determination and the ability to hold the ball and distribute it against physical odds. The goals will come.

I hope I am very wrong

I might have mentioned this before but a friend of mine used to coach Alex at Swansea and said about him:
    ‘Won’t score many goals but excellent at holding the ball up with his back to goal, good at bringing others into the game and works harder than any player I’ve ever known’. He also said that he’s a great lad.

• Sure Andy Thom(p)son is a contender?

• @DevC said:
    Only one contender for this.

Jock McCallum

Joined in 1935, left in 1951. Played 350 games, scored 224 goals. Name spelt incorrectly in programme every single game over a sixteen year period.

I rest my case.

No arguing with this!