Skip to content

Match day thread: Oxford (EFL Throphy)

2»

Comments

• Be difficult in a Cup game @Ozzie_the_Relaxed .

• @micra said:
    Be difficult in a Cup game @Ozzie_the_Relaxed .

Well you're certainly feeling better @micra (thank goodness).??? (I hope you don't object to emoji's)?

• Sorry I meant a week Saturday.

Either way COYB!!!

• I went to Wycombe
    To watch my team play footy
    But alas we lost

• not even sure where to start with that last night, probably best I think ...... but if GA try that system again he needs to actually work on it in training because it looked like he just said 11 names and sent them out with no game plan and to go behind within 30 seconds to a team who keep the ball is a nightmare.

• @uptheblues, I dare say no-one on here was there, so who was the yob?

A dreadful game, conceding after 21seconds certainly sets a dreadful tone.
    Awful tactical lineup, Fox looked well out of his depth, and we just never got going.

Oh well. Not a disaster.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@micra said:

Well you're certainly feeling better @micra (thank goodness).??? (I hope you don't object to emoji's)?

Just catching up with today’s messages @ValleyWanderer. The odd thing about tachycardia episodes is that, immediately before the onset and once normal rhythm and pulse rate is restored, you feel perfectly OK albeit slightly nervous. Well, I obviously can’t speak for others but that’s how it affects me. “Treatment” consists of sitting or lying down and drinking copious amounts of water. The episode on Saturday lasted about 30 minutes (slightly more than the average duration) and an ECG at 2.45pm showed a steady heartbeat of 67 per minute - down from about 170 during the “attack”.

I was well looked after by Harold Lunnon, Claire Marshall, St John Ambulance staff (Louise, Hanif and David) and Ronnie (?Veronica) who carried out the ECG and responded patiently to my insistence that it be completed before 3pm.

• PS yes, I use emojis quite a lot. ?????‍♂️

• @micra said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

@micra said:

Just catching up with today’s messages @ValleyWanderer. The odd thing about tachycardia episodes is that, immediately before the onset and once normal rhythm and pulse rate is restored, you feel perfectly OK albeit slightly nervous. Well, I obviously can’t speak for others but that’s how it affects me. “Treatment” consists of sitting or lying down and drinking copious amounts of water. The episode on Saturday lasted about 30 minutes (slightly more than the average duration) and an ECG at 2.45pm showed a steady heartbeat of 67 per minute - down from about 170 during the “attack”.

I was well looked after by Harold Lunnon, Claire Marshall, St John Ambulance staff (Louise, Hanif and David) and Ronnie (?Veronica) who carried out the ECG and responded patiently to my insistence that it be completed before 3pm.

Well done them and all the best to you.

• I meant “no” (objection).

• Thanks @StrongestTeam. I envy your speed!

• @micra said:
    Thanks @StrongestTeam. I envy your speed!

Ha, need to put this bloody phone down and do some work.

• Ditto. Get the evening meal and then prepare for what promises to be an interesting meeting!

• @micra Dr Wendoverman says don't get involved in any fighting and sit a long way away from the drummer.

• @Wendoverman said:
    @micra Dr Wendoverman says don't get involved in any fighting and sit a long way away from the drummer.

What are you referring to in that message please.

• That was rather an odd one from a guy who rarely fails to amuse @uptheblues. I thought it might be just me and left it at that.

• @micra I was thinking of your poor old ticker and blood pressure at the meeting but yes it did look a bit bizarre on re-reading. Blame some free booze that turned up at work!

• The drummer didn’t appear to be present last night unless he was playing pianissimo with his brushes (presumably no longer an arrestable offence).

• If he had been there he would surely have performed a drum roll to break the awkward silence that followed the inappropriate comments about Bill and Ted's future travel plans.

• relax @uptheblues it was not an anti-drummer post.

• Surely @micra gets some sort of prize for using the word pianissimo on the Gasroom?

• I’m rather worried about Jim (as Mrs Dale, of Diary fame, was imputed to be fond of saying). He was introduced as Jim Collis but seems to have transmogrified into Ted. Sorry @Onlooker. As you know, I can’t resist the odd riposte. I rather wish you’d said Ben !

• And me not even a muso @Jonny_King.

• Mmmmm I see. Thanks @Onlooker.