Skip to content

Rochdale betting

A little surprised to see that despite being one place apart and Wyc at home, bookies have Rochdale favourites for this one. Not sure I understand the logic. On the other hand you can get almost 3-1 on Wyc to be relegated (suggesting they thing there is only a 1 in 4 chance) which frankly seems quite generous. Apart obviously from Allsopp, who is presumably banned, will be interesting to see if we make any other team or formation changes.

Comments

• I think the Allsopp suspension will have affected those prices. Yves is, let's say, an unknown quantity

We will really miss Dominic Gape as well

• I make it gape still has one more booking to go. Only four league bookings (other one was in Lge Cup) or have I missed one?

• you must have done - he's suspended for tonight's game

• I've just seen who the referee is - Brett Huxtable :(:(:(

The dreadful badly unfit and overweight one who was so awful at Mansfield and Colchester away.

So bad at Mansfield that day that he sent the usually calm GA into a rage.

• Fair enough, Eric. you are probably right.

• edited October 2018

I wouldn't be unhappy with Morris, Thompson, PCH and Fred across the midfield and Bayo + CMS up top - it should give Rochdale plenty to think about...

Something that irritated me on Sat, watching Quest. Stephen Warnock was quick to excuse Scunthorpe because of their injuries without any mention of Tyson, Blooms, Charles, Stewart, Bean, Fox... Add two suspensions for tonight and maybe that's why the odds come out like that.

• They do have an impressive away record. 3 wins, 3 draws and only one loss (to Sunderland) with 12 of their 16 points coming away from home. Done well away in the cups too.

Wish i’d looked at those statistics before I predicted us to win!

• I would play Williams instead of Fred. Williams will be fresh, has extra pace and provides better cover for JJ.

• I like Williams, especially now he's developed the "Bomber Harris" throw. But that would mean dropping Fred after he had such a good game and got himself on the scoresheet. 'In possession of the shirt' and all that...

One of the many reasons I could never be a football manager is that I would not like to have that conversation with Fred.

• Not dropping, more squad rotation when you have 3 games in 8 days. We are lucky to have so many quality players in the squad at the moment so need to make best use of them.

• edited October 2018

I think you can take squad rotation too far, sometimes. GA has just tried a new system, which when they finally woke, up, the team adapted to well, after working all week on it. Personally I'd want a bit of continuity, especially after such a morale-boosting comeback win. 3 games in 8 days is not an excessive workload, especially for the younger, fitter members of the squad.

Having said that, GA has never really had the chance to rotate his team until this season, and it's been a bit like a new toy for him. So it'll be interesting to see what he does.

I agree with your point about quality players though, and I wouldn't want any to go off the boil for lack of first team football.

• @LeedsBlue said:
    I wouldn't be unhappy with Morris, Thompson, PCH and Fred across the midfield and Bayo + CMS up top - it should give Rochdale plenty to think about...

Something that irritated me on Sat, watching Quest. Stephen Warnock was quick to excuse Scunthorpe because of their injuries without any mention of Tyson, Blooms, Charles, Stewart, Bean, Fox... Add two suspensions for tonight and maybe that's why the odds come out like that.

He's a bin dipper there opinions are not taken seriously in the real world.....

• I think @glasshalffull might have something to say about that...

• @bigred87 nor are regionalist idiots who can't spell