Skip to content

Rochdale (H) (League One) 2018 / 19 - Match 15 - Tues 23/10/2018 - Crowd Predictions

After that game I will begin the anticipation of the next one.

Here is the link to the spreadsheet which will grow as we feed it numbers:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eHv-SRT-xE7MU0acr3ThYPIwNqDQ3oBBO3Fn5RehGPg/edit?usp=sharing

After two home wins in a row what do we think?

I guess 3605 with 187 from Rochdale

Comments

• 3453 with 171, thanks!

• 3317 with 97 from Rochdale.

• 3501 with 101 making the big effort

• 3522 with 121 away

• 3,693 with 154 Rochdale watch a 2-2 draw.

• Half term, marketing pushes, on back of exciting win, season tickets still count, 3642 with 127 requesting a half time black pudding.

• 3549 (170 away)

• 3,596 including 115 away

• 3750/150

• 3500 with 180 from Rochdale

• 3599 including 99 Daleites

• 3402 with 87 from Rochdale

• @micra said:
    3750/150

Correction - 3705 including 125 Daliens.

• Add plus 1 to that. Swansea fan moved to the local area wanting to put his support behind the locals whilst an American hedge fund asset strips his club.

• edited October 2018

Ha. Welcome @MrBigglesWorth - I'll put you down for 3706 / 125 then. The terrace is the place for atmosphere, especially during the season defining games with the winner being scored in added time, last year we had several of that sort of game.

With @MrBigglesWorth's maybe unintended prediction we have contributions 14 to date:

Average for Total Crowd: 3556
    Average for those from Rochdale 132

Looks like we have now properly arrived in League One.
    I believe that more noise is coming from the Light and Dark Blue zone.
    Up the Blues

• 3800 with 133

• 3400 dumbfounded then delirious members of the chair metropolis 100 Dales. 3500 total 2-0 to the emotional rollercoasters

• Without buying a shirt before hand in an attempt to blend in unassumingly, is there a pub closer than that one on the little roundabout; i think it's a tesco extra or such? where blokes (and lady folk) meet?

Or does the stadium actually serve a decent pint?

Would be good to meet some folks who could give me a good run down on the club :)

• @MrBigglesWorth said:
    Without buying a shirt before hand in an attempt to blend in unassumingly, is there a pub closer than that one on the little roundabout; i think it's a tesco extra or such? where blokes (and lady folk) meet?

Or does the stadium actually serve a decent pint?

Would be good to meet some folks who could give me a good run down on the club :)

The beer is alright at the ground (finally), three different options for drinking at the ground:

• the Vere (now called the Caledonian suite I believe), home fans only. Large room, lots of TVs and tables.

• Monty's, a smaller bar next door to the Vere, which also has TVs, less seating. Believe it is home fans only too.

• a marquee meant for away fans by the entrance, but home fans drink there too. Bit nippy now, not sure it will be open for Tuesday night games

The Hour Glass is the pub on the roundabout, its not awful but its not great either.

• Just to clarify, when he says 'home fans' only, he doesn't mean it's like walking into the Slaughtered Lamb where everyone stops and eyeballs you. To be honest, you could probably wear your Swansea shirt in there and no-one would give a toss. I'm pleased to say we're a very placid bunch.

P.S - Welcome!

• Ah ok, i'm used to Welsh and Cornish rugby grounds where you get a shocking bitter or a 'cloudy' cider. I'll poke my nose in the ground on Tuesday then and hope the wife picks me up afterwards :) Probably end up on the terraces. Cheers folks.

If you hear a Welsh accent, say hi. I'll work from home Wednesday so buy me a drink ;)

• Caledonian Suite at the ground is fine for a beer before the game.

• 3531, with 143 travelling from the official ‘Best Away Day Ground in the Country’.

• There were plenty of Scunthorpe fans in Montys before the game on Saturday, so not home fans only

• 3596 with 189 from Rochdale.

• If you do like beer @MrBigglesWorth there is usually a selection of 6 real ales straight from the barrel on offer in the Vere/Caledonian Suite. Brains features regularly to make you feel at home.

• Little change with 18 predictions so far

Blue Average now says for us 3567
    and the average for those from Rochdale 134

Up the Blues

• 3737 with 212 from the ‘Dale

• 3,084 with 81 from Dale (cold night / middle class fans off getting some ‘late half term sun’!).
    ps ‘Your going down with the Dale’ a favourite chant away at Exeter a few seasons back.

• 3,487 with 121 away fans