Skip to content

Morecambe

Morecambe will be allocated the usual away end next week: http://www.morecambefc.com/news/article/wycombe-ticket-details-2405326.aspx

I'd imagine they will take around 100-200 fans.

Surely there must be a chance Wycombe will sell out the home areas if going for promotion?

Comments

• We didnt get near that for the two promotion matches under Taylor and Waddock

• Really?
    We got 9,625 for Notts County (2009) and 8,567 for Southend (2011).

• So highly unlikely to beat that for a penultimate match, coming from a depressed average crowd base.

• I've never said we would beat it. But there must be a chance of an 8,000 crowd if promotion is possible.

• The two matches above were crucial. We went up or went in the playoffs. Morecambe will definitely not be crucial.

• Definitely? How can you be certain until after tomorrow?

• Because ragardless of results tomorrow, saturday will not be crucial. Maths

• edited April 2015

If all results go right (or wrong) for us, then promotion could be decided at the Morecambe game.

If we win today and Bury and Southend lose there would be a gap of 7 points from Bury and 8 from Southend. If Southend then beat Bury there is a gap of 5 points from Southend with two games to go, and Bury couldn't catch us. If we win at Morecambe in these (unlikely but not impossible) circumstances, we would be promoted.

Alternatively, if we lose tomorrow, and Bury & Shrewsbury win then there is a gap of 1 point from Bury. Bury beat Southend on Tuesday, they lead by 2. If we then lost to Morecambe, and Bury & Shewsbury won, we'd be in the playoffs.

• Maths says it is crucial, there are many scenarios, win today and bury and or southend dont and it could be done. To me every game is now crucial

• @wycombelad - abolutely until, heaven forefend, we are mathematically out of the automatic race. @Chris - whatever you do, don't set off for Morecambe next Saturday. We've played the away match. We had a very healthy 3-1 win. I singled out Barrie Corr as the danger man for Southend and he scored against us yet again. I singled out Liam Sercombe as a perennial thorn in our side for Exeter. He scored. I hardly dare mention Kevin Ellison !

• Not forgetting Burton have had a few close shaves. I still think that those two above us are not certainties. Keep the points ticking over, even if we draw one of the last three games, just don't lose.

• Ha indeed!

• We could be promoted if Tuesday night is a draw and both Bury and Southend lose next Saturday. But realistically that will not happen. Id estimate a crowd of 6500

• I'm off to bookies tomorrow place my bet on a 1-1 Draw Bury v Southend on Tuesday.

• Remember Torquay last year. Who really dared to believe we would survive? Until we can't get automatic promotion then we still can. Simple.
    Two wins is going to do it. COYB.

• Problem is Bury can't stop winning and they still have to play Tranmere which doesn't help. 0-0 draw on tuesday would be a massive result for us.

• Southend victory would be ok too. Anything but a Bury win.

• @robin them having to play tranmere who have a huge motivation to get a result most certainly does help

• 2 wins will do it.

• I think as long as Tranmere are not relegated on Saturday it will be a massive Prenton Park crowd and hopefully a fully committed performance in an intimidating atmosphere for them.

• Problem is Tranmere had a huge motivation to win yesterday as well but still got stuffed 3-0 at home by an average Oxford side. Them playing Bury is a completely different proposition to us playing Torquay in the same situation last season.

• Yep I know they are useless, but Oxford caused us problems and are obviously a good team on the day. Hey I'm trying to be positive!

• Tranmere will have a new manager now that Adams has gone too.

• Tranmere fans wanted Adams out ages ago but what a time to quit the selfish twat!

• Don't think he had much of a choice, plus his car was pelted with eggs aftet the match.

I'd only want them to stay up if we don't go up, nice local game game for me.