Skip to content

Norwich City (H) Carabao Cup (League Cup) 3rd Round 2018 / 19 - Tue 24/9 - Crowd Predictions

2»

Comments

• @ValleyWanderer i think the League Cup is excluded from the coverage agreement, but i hope to be proved wrong...

• Seems all very unclear, and we're finding our game by game what is and what isn't.

Is there a live game tonight? If not, why wouldn't they have these games available?

Having said that, probably a slippery slope to get used to watching on this when within easy access of the ground. Excused myself for the Checktrade cup, as 500 or so rattling around an empty ground in silence isn't much different to watching on a screen!

• Thanks guy's, we live in hope.

• 4235 with 1587 from Norfolk...beautiful.

• 4702 - 1467 not working down the mines

• @ValleyWanderer i think the League Cup is excluded from the coverage agreement, but i hope to be proved wrong...

• @ValleyWanderer said:
    Thanks guy's, we live in hope.

That said, we're all sitting on a beach in Burgau in 30 degrees so don't fret.? Touch and go if we manage the second half at AP on Saturday though....
    It'll be ok if the flight is early!

• Not sure about new kiosks @Wendoverman. Outside contractors have taken over the running of them but not sure if they’ve been able to bring in new staff either. Be interesting to hear what people have to say later this evening.

• From the club website "Can't make it?
    Listen live on iFollow with Phil Catchpole and Geoff Doyle on the club's audio and video service."

COYB!!!!

• 3,910 with 1280 Norwich.

• @micra I am sure I will hear cries of 'where are the piiiiiiiiiiies!!!????' as I sit on the train home...

• 4,462 , of which 1,587 are poor little budgies

• However many turn up...good luck to the lads and to everyone going. Here's to a big win and a big payday in next round...

• After 20 minutes I relaxed in the knowledge that we were not going to win this one so could enjoy the end to end football, which made the possibilities of the last 20 minutes all the more exciting.
    Some personal player observations:

• Allsop may not have had his game head on? No Yves who usually plays cup matches suggests a late training injury? Some spectacular saves and some almighty cock-ups!
    • Which brings me onto the other half of the comedy double act. In the previous two games Darius Charles was a revelation, last night his lesser alter ego Wesley Charles turned up and had a stinker -decision making, found out for pace by better opponents, I was told not to let the ball bounce aged 8. Ok ‘needs minutes’ but I’d go Sido / Tools at the back when fit.
    • Harriman, no start Saturday or last night, wandering around on his own on the pitch at halftime. He is obviously the squad member Gaz references on 3CR being unhappy, showed his potential when in as sub though, will he play Saturday? What is his best position?
    • Gape best game I’ve seen him play. Loved his tenacity when their number 2 tried to get to him, yes a booking but stood his ground and would not be bullied.
    • Bayo is the impact sub we brought him in as.
    • Paris tried really hard, even when playing full back at the end so let’s brush over his Beano ‘throw in’ late on in front of the Beachdean.
    • I like Nich F but does he ‘flatter to deceive’? Do the runs, crosses, scuffed shots ultimately add up to much?
    • SamS clearly happier playing quality opposition, but gave the ball away too cheaply for me.
    • Can’t really comment on CMS and the Welsh lad as I kept mixing them up.
    • Sido and MacC put in their usual encouraging performances, especially given strange formation we played.
    • Blooms quiet, hip injury apparently. Scotty K too late on.
      Have I missed anyone?
      The physicality of Norwich was impressive. So strong on the ball, control and pace. They did relax at 1-4 up but their subs brought on to shaw up defence and getting them to play the game out in the corners showed we had them rattled. There is a massive gap in skill between top of 1 (Pompey) and mid Championship.
      Thought the ref was better than most as well.
      Ticket office pre match a complete joke again.
      Home league win now please.
  • I was really disappointed with Saunders last night. One of my favourite players and I was really hoping he'd stake a claim to start at the weekend. He didn't do it

And what on earth were we doing letting PCH take that late free kick instead of Saunders? Absolutely ridiculous. No excuses for stupidity like that

• @perfidious_albion , interesting break down there.

My take on a few players is
    Saunders - just doesn't do enough these days. No longer the star man he was first time around. Angrier these days too, which I've seen before in players whose influence doesn't match what it used to.

Freeman - nice lad, decent little player, but occasionally, can't see him getting a regular slot over our highest quality and quantity set of options ever!

Harriman - hard on him, as he's gone from indisputable starter, even when just back from injury, and at times harsh on Sido, to completely marginalized. Even when he came on, it was on the left!

McCarthy - strong, athletic, and pacey. A proper footballer. However, he doesn't half punt it. I haven't seen anyone else say this yet, whereas others were constantly criticized for it.

Tactics? Bonkers. 3 defenders against a much better team?

Ticket office - thank goodness they didn't do the usual - and insist on logging a ticket against your specific account!

Championship almost feels like Premier league used to, as when they turned it on, we were played off the pitch.

• edited September 2018

Apologies good predictors - work took precedence for a while this week after the late night Tuesday. It was indeed an enjoyable game - no shame in the result - it was a shame that it didn't go to penalties.

The spreadsheet for this game is now in its final form. 22 predictions - very tidy for a midweek cup game.

The winner - for the 2nd time this season - was @OxfordBlue with 3951 - only four away from the actual crowd of of 3947. Congratulations, again: most excellent predicting. I hope you like the lapel badges - I have another one for you!

Honourable mentions for those within one hundred:, first time predictor this season @ryan_w_kirby who was only 37 away, @Manboobs 42 - missed by - not chest size, @bookertease (52), @Wig_and_Pen (53)and @Shev (93).

I also get a mention because I was closest to the away crowd with 1572 - 26 over the actual figure.

Please keep predicting on the Southend Prediction thread. I will update as soon as possible.

• Unbelievable scenes! Thanks Steve.