Skip to content

Comments

• As I also posted on the Trust Meeting thread:

It will be sad to see him go as he clearly has the most direct and business focused approach of all. I'm pretty sure that his dealings behind the scenes both in the administrative and playing areas have been instrumental in supporting the club and assisting GA. Thank you Andrew.

• While not unexpected, that is a massive shame. He will leave a big hole I am sure.

• I have to feel that might mark the beginning of the end for GA. Their friendship and working relationship has been very public over the past few years and the club has benefited from it.

Big thanks to AH and I hope he can remain an ear to the board et al

• Done a good job at the club, for which he needs to be given praise.

On certain occasions when I have seen him at forums however, he has been slightly defensive when asked perfectly reasonable questions.

• He has been an absolute star for us, bringing much needed financial nous to the club. Shame his final hour is marred by talk of selling from what should be a position of strength.

Wish him all the best, thanks for a great few years and support going above and beyond with his max loan to the club (100thousand) and continued interest and professionality.

Big up Andrew!

• Anyone think he may have consortium involvement and therefore has to step away from the club in the short term (can’t be poacher and gamekeeper)?

• When you think of all the good times while he has been around it is quite amazing. I am very grateful for all his hard work and totally justified to get back more time for family and day job.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Anyone think he may have consortium involvement and therefore has to step away from the club in the short term (can’t be poacher and gamekeeper)?

If that's the case then I'd be happy with their involvement/minority share.

• @perfidious_albion said:
    Anyone think he may have consortium involvement and therefore has to step away from the club in the short term (can’t be poacher and gamekeeper)?

I’d have thought his stated aim of more involvement in Beechdean means no. But the thought did cross my mind.

• @ValleyWanderer said:

@perfidious_albion said:

Agreed, if he was a significant member of the consortium I would be more inclined to favour the part sale.

• He can leave with his head held high. I wonder how or even if they will replace the role?

• @mooneyman said:

@ValleyWanderer said:

@perfidious_albion said:

Agreed, if he was a significant member of the consortium I would be more inclined to favour the part sale.

100% agree.

• @NorsQuarters said:
    He has been an absolute star for us, bringing much needed financial nous to the club. Shame his final hour is marred by talk of selling from what should be a position of strength.

Wish him all the best, thanks for a great few years and support going above and beyond with his max loan to the club (100thousand) and continued interest and professionality.

Big up Andrew!

I’d like to know more about this “max loan” of £100k you speak of? What is that about?

• All I know is that his presence coincided with a marked improvement. Very many thanks to him.

• Andrew Howard has done a brilliant job.
    Time for Gareth to takeover as Sporting Director with Dobbo as manager and Blooms as first
    team coach and assistant.
    COYB.

• Well that’s an unusual take on things I must say!

• This would keep continuity in the club's development in the football league , and at the same time reward the people, who have been responsible for our recent promotion.

• Why not just go back to not having a Sporting Directot like before? Sounds like a very disruptive move at the wrong time @lordmelchester

• But GA is a young up and coming manager with a big future as a manager, so why on earth would he want to be a Sporting Director. I would also argue that the position is not really needed at our level.

• The more likely scenario is that if GA feels he needs to move on sometime in the future, then he would more than likely take Dobbo with him. God forbid this happening any time soon but it will I am sure.

• In my opinion - with Andrew Howard announcing his imminent departure, if we are not careful - we are in massive danger of losing our biggest asset in GA. I think we should move now and ensure that Gareth remains in the club in a senior position to continue our development as a football league club. This is regardless , by the way , of whether we have additional investment in the future from the 2 interested parties alluded to at last week's trust meeting.

• I think they should make Gareth Lord High Commissioner for High Wycombe, Dobbo can be Sheriff and Bodger can be club manager...that half-time penalty thing is beneath his dignity. It's continuity and the sort of bold thinking that will get us promoted...

• Moving Ainsworth to Sporting Director would mean we were already losing him as a manager. This would seem an odd route to follow with little benefit and plenty of downsides.

• @Wendoverman said:
    I think they should make Gareth Lord High Commissioner for High Wycombe, Dobbo can be Sheriff and Bodger can be club manager...that half-time penalty thing is beneath his dignity. It's continuity and the sort of bold thinking that will get us promoted...

Richie could do the half time penalty job.

• As his bizarre intervention seems to be @lordmelchester 's first post since June....I assume he's been away 'resting' somewhere and the medication is wearing off...

• Not sure I agree with all the comments thanking him for his ‘financial nous’. Although the football side has improved (which I would assume is more down to GA) he took over when we were breaking even and now we’re losing £600k a year and are in dire need of investment...

• I’m not sure that’s true, @wwfcwill

• @lordmelchester said:
    In my opinion - with Andrew Howard announcing his imminent departure, if we are not careful - we are in massive danger of losing our biggest asset in GA. I think we should move now and ensure that Gareth remains in the club in a senior position to continue our development as a football league club. This is regardless , by the way , of whether we have additional investment in the future from the 2 interested parties alluded to at last week's trust meeting.

What on earth are you talking about?

He's manager of the team and he's on a 5 year contract!

• Hopefully Marcus Beans will be appointed Sporting Director

• @marlowchair The £100,000 loan has been his contribution to the share scheme and is the maximum allowable. It is fixed for three years but redeemable after that and the annuity date could be coming up fast.

From my understanding the total share value comprises about half of our million pound debt. Please correct me if I have misunderstood.