Skip to content

Charlton Athletic (a) (League One) 2018 / 19 - Match 7 - Sat 08/09/2018 - Attendance Predictions

2»

Comments

• Thank you mr railway

• 828 sold so far, surely it will be over a 1000 tomorrow

• 10070, with 930 from Wycombe.

• Over 800 away tickets already sold. With walk-ups likely to break 1000 overall. rather impressive. I am a bit jealous as I had to be 5 miles up the road last Saturday. Grrr.

• Difficult to know how many, but there will be fewer turning up and paying on the day now that the match is to be shown on iFollow than otherwise there would have been.

• 10001 addicks. 900 addicted to the blues. total 10901 2-1 chairboys COYB

• 10057 - 1181 from Wycombe 4-1 to blues

• Maybe over 1100

• 10101, including 1010 loyal chairboys and chairgirls

• Spreadsheet updated with pretty colours, and apologies to @Onlooker your missing line now sorted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZbrD89XZgcU1Zp-_hRtME-AJM2daevUVxm6iRXxIEs0/edit?usp=sharing

30 predictions and we say a handful or so under 10000 for the total crowd which would be their biggest crowd of the season so far.

The twitter figures for the tickets already sold to us would indicate an excellent turnout and an good atmosphere, which remembering how we were at Doncaster and Plymouth, will persist throughout the game .....

Small print - Anyone can change predicted Addicks into true blue Wycombe supporters if you want to revise a prediction, but alterations which change the total are disbarred.

Deadline for counting predictions is 14:00 (an approximation of when the singing starts)

The noise is on its way.

• Will settle for not being 2 down after 20mins or so like last time, not being sat near to the drummer, and not watching a couple of our fans obviously arranging an "exchange of goods" for later that evening.

1-1

12,217 (973 Wycombe)

• I would like to change my 698 Wycombites to 999.

• Thank you @railwaysteve
    May I please change my Away following to 947?

• Deeply satisfying - over 500 fans converted to Wycombe at a stroke.
    And indeed we now say over 10000 for the total crowd.
    The link works to the altered spreadsheet.

• I’d like to increase the Wycombe contingent to 1050, please. Would have liked to increase the total attendance as the weather forecast is now much better than at the time I made my original prediction. However, c’est la vie and thems the rules.

• I’d also like to increase my predicted Chairfolk contingent please. I’ll go for 1,009.

• 11,638, of which 1,208 will be Chairboys and girls

• I’d like to change my away contingent prediction to 987 please.

• As would i......... 1121

• 11050 with 1175 Blues

• 4267 with 1156 away fans.

I believe there is an annual event which may clash

• Not really my business because I don't join in but people predicting an attendance then changing their "prediction" when they find out how many tickets have been sold is a joke, no?

• Depends how they count absent season ticket holders @peterparrotface

• Very true but with Bromley and Faversham meets this week it will be sparse in the home ends with even more people sitting in ones.

• Spreadsheet again updated with revisions - about 1000 fans changed their allegiance to us on this time.
    @peterparrotface - it looks as though you are heading for a special mention.

I am shortly setting off and my mobile isn't quite up to updating and reordering the spreadsheet.

Good journey to all those travelling. Happy listening to those on ifollow .

Up the Blues.

• It's 10,358 with 1,078 Chairboys.

• edited September 2018

Well. It did feel like 1500 of their fans had changed sides for most of the first half.
    Sterling work by the 1078 to seem like 2578.

A cruel game for us with the worst sort of own goal to shake confidence and give them hope when it felt they were sadly lacking.
    The only two worse games for such a twist that are in my memory are the Southend playoff game and the Luton game at home last season, so for me it surpassed the own goal at White Hart Lane which gave them their 2nd equaliser and the lack of a referees whistle against Cheltentam at home last season. After those events we have won promotion to League One, and we did beat both Luton (famously) and Cheltenham later last season. Beating Spurs in the FA Cup does still remain to be done.

Concerning the attendance - better than 10% of the crowd away to a club who were a Premiership side just 10 seasons ago. To be proud of - as was the reaction of our fans and our team at the end the game. And it was the biggest home crowd of their season so far.

Congratulations to @Glenactico who was closest to the actual crowd of 10378 with his prediction of 10436. Excellent predicting. I have a match programme for you Sir if you wish and will send a message.

@micra was closest to predicting the size of the loud and proud away following with 1050. @Wig_and_Pen was also close with a first time prediction of 1010 and @NorsQuarters gets a mention for an early prediction of 1000.

Now I promise I won't do this often but @peterparrotface now holds the record for the attendance prediction that was furthest away from the actual figure. It wins a mention because it singlehandedly dropped the figure for Blue Average below 10000.

Oxford up next - another fun one to predict.

• We go again next week