Skip to content

Norwich City release Russell Martin.

From BBC website,
Meanwhile, Norwich City have released defender Russell Martin, 32, after 278 league appearances in eight years with the club.

Comments

• Has he had injury problems? Seems surprising they're releasing him when he was their captain in the Premier league not too long back?
    Unless they simply can't afford him now? But i'm sure as one manager whose name I forget once said, you can "always" agree a deal with someone out of contract.

• If you read the articles about this it is clear that he wants to play football over sitting in reserves. Always seemed a very earnest chap. Maybe his old mate Bloomers can tap him up !

• We are a bit short in centre mid still...

• If they are releasing him today I suspect it will be because he's lined himself up another position and he has to be a free agent to take it up before January. So watch for more news today, I'd guess.

• Never forget sitting behind his mum when this went in.

• I’ve a feeling he and Sergio are fairly fully occupied these days with the Russell Martin Foundation and associated acadamies down in deepest Sussex.

• @MindlessDrugHoover That was one hell of a rollercoaster match. I think is took a couple of days to recover ...