Skip to content

Maidenhead v Maidstone

Went to this lunchtime game yesterday with a couple of mates who are York Road regulars . 3 ex Wycombe in the Stones line up.Lee Worgan in goal 6/10 Best moment was being ordered by the ref to fix his goal net before taking a goal kick . As the net had come away under the crossbar he struggled ( Mal Kalamby was elsewhere ) Stuart Lewis 8/10 good use of the ball throughout and Will de Havilland 4/10 a donkey all game and conceded a last minute own goal to give the Magpies their first 3 points of the season .A good game in front of around 1300 and no doubt millions at home on BT sport .Alan Parry spotted in the terrace no doubt on scouting duty for Gaz.

Comments

• Running the rule over Will perhaps and tipping him the wink that we’re a bit stretched at the back currently. Sorry Alan. Couldn’t resist.

• I am of course sick as a parrot that the team I supported besottedly as a boy lost yesterday.

• Agree with Mr67 about Stuart Lewis, probably the best player on the pitch. Bit harsh on Will but he certainly won’t look back on the game with much pleasure.

• I really want "besottedly" to be an adverb.

• Not as much as I do, Hugh! I was so obsessed with Maidstone United from 1946 to 1956 that simply saying supported didn’t seem adequate. Probably should have said obsessively.