Skip to content

Trust Meeting September 12th

Comments

• @glasshalffull said:
    Actually, I thought that was a pretty reasonable summing up by DevC that contained more facts and less opinions than I see from some other posters.

Haha- credibility shot.

• @HG1 said:
    Serious question, why would the board consider a investor who is likely to be medium term and then sell it on? How is that positive for WWFC? They could sell their majority share to anyone and we have no say? Surely we want a long term owner if we are going down this route? Andy Harman, I would have thought would be that long term investor?

I have to say that I am very unhappy that the Andy Harman option has not been explored further.

My understanding is that he is:

a. Local

b. Has former playing connections with Wycombe Wanderers

c. Has previously run an extremely successful Business

d. May have some spare capital he is willing to invest in Wycombe Wanderers

This whole issue is not about the current bid to be made but what happens when the successful bidders get fed up in about 5 years time.

I don't know Andy Harman but if ever this occurred I instinctively think I would trust him to do the right thing given his background and previous association with the Club.

Most Supporters would surely prefer to have someone local rather than an overseas investor ?

In the meantime I would sincerely hope that the Trust Directors have NOT, repeat NOT, gone down the full ownership route simply to suit our outstanding Creditors.

They have already obtained the Training Ground - what more do they want from us ?

• @Its_Cold_Up_North said:

@HG1 said:
    Serious question, why would the board consider a investor who is likely to be medium term and then sell it on? How is that positive for WWFC? They could sell their majority share to anyone and we have no say? Surely we want a long term owner if we are going down this route? Andy Harman, I would have thought would be that long term investor?

I have to say that I am very unhappy that the Andy Harman option has not been explored further.

a. Local

This whole issue is not about the current bid to be made but what happens when the successful bidders get fed up in about 5 years time.

I don't know Andy Harman but if ever this occurred I instinctively think I would trust him to do the right thing given his background and previous association with the Club.

Most Supporters would surely prefer to have someone local rather than an overseas investor ?

In the meantime I would sincerely hope that the Trust Directors have NOT, repeat NOT, gone down the full ownership route simply to suit our outstanding Creditors.

They have already obtained the Training Ground - what more do they want from us ?

I understand Harman was alienated and warned off by former chairman Howard , they didn’t talk for a few seasons . Annodata discontinued sponsorship. It was nasty, Howard did great work but did it in a controlling way , no room for another big player in his domain.

Hypothetically the new chairman wouldn’t be affected by that prejudice and would welcome with open arms a very wealthy former player who wanted to invest capital into our club wouldn’t he ???

Unless of course , hypothetically , he was in an awkward conflict and had to stay loyal to his boss other than the best interests of the club he chairs and so pushed ahead with an American bid....

• @marlowchair that is a very interesting post that deserves following up if it's true.

It's Not really true to say Howard has gone completely though other than by title is it, does he not still have loans that arevdue to be repaid by the club on an interest free basis? If so that is a factor that needs some careful considering.

• @marlowchair said:

@Its_Cold_Up_North said:

@HG1 said:

a. Local

I understand Harman was alienated and warned off by former chairman Howard , they didn’t talk for a few seasons . Annodata discontinued sponsorship. It was nasty, Howard did great work but did it in a controlling way , no room for another big player in his domain.

Hypothetically the new chairman wouldn’t be affected by that prejudice and would welcome with open arms a very wealthy former player who wanted to invest capital into our club wouldn’t he ???

Unless of course , hypothetically , he was in an awkward conflict and had to stay loyal to his boss other than the best interests of the club he chairs and so pushed ahead with an American bid....

OK.

What we are saying is that a bid from someone who is local and who would I think be welcomed by most supporters is not being considered.

The suggestion is that this is because of the conflict of interest with our Chairman being employed by Andrew Howard.

If true, this is absolutely scandalous - this is the future of our football club we are talking about.

• @DJWYC14 said:
    @marlowchair that is a very interesting post that deserves following up if it's true.

It's Not really true to say Howard has gone completely though other than by title is it, does he not still have loans that arevdue to be repaid by the club on an interest free basis? If so that is a factor that needs some careful considering.

That’s also very true . And if you believe he still had significant influence over our chair then that is the basis of my pressure over the months to solve and clarify the conflict of interest issue once and for all.

It’s not paranoia , it has very real risk of affecting our club if you or others believe my hypothetical is or could be true .

• @marlowchair if you had identified this specific issue with Mr Harman and Howard earlier (unless you did and I missed it) then the issue of conflict of interest you kept mentioning which many people questioned would have been a bit clearer. May have led to shorter threads.

• @Wendoverman, but think of all the fun we would have missed out on for the last two months ??.

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    @Wendoverman, but think of all the fun we would have missed out on for the last two months ??.

True , but I had faith the gasroom would get here eventually .

Plus , if only that was the only issue life would be so simple !

• Supposing for a minute that the third bidder is Harman could it be the this offer is just not as good as the others?
    The ex player angle seems to be lowering the defences of some. Maybe the US bidders need to get John Kerr on board?

• Seriously, this Andy Harman scenario is very interesting indeed and it is a real shame that he may have been warned off. Why on earth would someone warn off a person who may have contributed so much.

• So now it’s Andrew Howard’s turn to be in marlowchair’s firing line, a man who has been universally praised by almost every poster.

• Do you not share the concern raised above @glasshalffull should it be true?

• No no no Mr Middle. That doesn’t sound credible at all.
    Far more likely is that Mr Howard has such a grudge (so many grudges ....) with Mr Harman that he is prepared to damage the place he has worked for a few years to score a point. Mr Stroud is prepared to damage the club he has supported for years and given hours of unpaid time to to protect a spot of consultancy work. All the other trust board directors are prepared to go along with this and damage the club they support and give hours of their time to for reasons not made clear. And the evidence for this wierd conspiracy - oh there doesn’t seem to be any. La plus ca change.....

• @DJWYC14 said:
    Do you not share the concern raised above @glasshalffull should it be true?

I think the key phrase here is ‘should it be true’.

• Surely Mr Harman would have publically stated at some time that he was interested in taking on a role at the club. His silence points to the fact that this rumour is probably bollocks.

• Small point Dev but it's "plus ca change" not "La plus ca change"

• @Blue_since_1990 said:
    Seriously, this Andy Harman scenario is very interesting indeed and it is a real shame that he may have been warned off. Why on earth would someone warn off a person who may have contributed so much.

Ego

• @glasshalffull said:
    So now it’s Andrew Howard’s turn to be in marlowchair’s firing line, a man who has been universally praised by almost every poster.

Praised by Me too , and I’ve known this all along . I’m objective enough to discern the difference.

• @mooneyman said:
    Surely Mr Harman would have publically stated at some time that he was interested in taking on a role at the club. His silence points to the fact that this rumour is probably bollocks.

No, a strong NDA took care of that . He’s an honourable man of integrity.

• I can't believe people here are biting so eagerly on the utterly unsupported innuendo being dangled by Marlow. There is not a shred of evidence offered by him in support of any criticisms or insinuations he has made except for a series of nods and winks.

I hold no brief for any party involved in this situation (though I have known Andy Harman a little in the past) and no idea what my preference might be for the resolution of this situation. But I am sure I am not gleaning any information worth having from the supposed insiders posting here. As was so this morning, I call bs. Honest bs, possibly, but bs all the same. What's worse, it's poisonous and divisive.

• If you really need it spelling out to you @DevC, and I’m sure you don’t but you’re pretending to be so thick that you do...

1) Buy club
    2) Move club to massive white elephant stadium that the club needs to pay you rent for
    3) Leave Adams Park derelict and crumbling until it’s an unsightly safety hazard
    4) receive letter from council begging you to redevelop the Adams Park land with whatever planning permission you fancy
    5) profit

Like I say, I’m sure you’re pretending to be so thick that you don’t understand this, even though it has happened several times to other clubs. Especially as you posted a news story about someone trying to do exactly this to your beloved Torquay. It’s an admirable attempt to appear to be even more hard of thinking than you actually are, but we’ve seen through it. Pure trolling.

• With the exception of HalfglassParry, im sure most people realise DevC is little more than a sad troll, He probably has very little in his life apart from intimidating lone female train travellers, and spending hours trolling on this site.

• @marlowchair said:

@mooneyman said:
    Surely Mr Harman would have publically stated at some time that he was interested in taking on a role at the club. His silence points to the fact that this rumour is probably bollocks.

No, a strong NDA took care of that . He’s an honourable man of integrity.

That's ridiculous. Why would he sign an NDA if he was told to sling his hook by Howard as the club were not interested in anything he had to offer?

• With the exception of HalfglassParry, im sure most people realise DevC is little more than a sad troll, He probably has very little in his life apart from intimidating lone female train travellers, and spending hours trolling on this site.

So does your continued snipes at me qualify you as a sad troll?

• Or that Mr Harman considers being discrete as a positive attribute?

• Being described as a sad troll by Mr@glasshalffull is indeed a badge of honour, perhaps the badge can be accompanied by one of your imaginairy standing ovations !!

• I didn’t describe you as a sad troll, I asked you a question. The dictionary description of a troll is someone who posts inflammatory comments with the purpose of upsetting others and provoking a response. Does that ring any bells?