Skip to content

Comments

• Crikey, we'd be in real trouble then.

• Oh that would be crap sandwich to say the least.

• Alex Lynch will be playing right back by the end of the season.

• Must be room on the bench for Nathan Evans, unless he's still injured?

Hopefully lessons will be learned, two or three players maybe, but you can't rely on half your main side being loanees.

What drama if Saunders is recalled.

• It's all ok replacing the reserves and youth team with loans but at this time of the season you're not in control of your own destiny. Call it Sods Law but Danny Rowe's recall made a defensive injury or three almost inevitable. To lose Sam Saunders would be a massive blow too. Fingers crossed for all sorts of reasons at the moment. Be kind to us.

• How much we need the departed Rowe.

• Nathan evans could be a option if fit.

• I think it is hard to factor having Jombatti, JJ, McClure, Holloway, Max and Mawson(?) all injured at the same time. The loss of Rowe is now a lot bigger than before.
    I reckon with all our injuries and niggles we have 12 players available Saturday.

• Plus Kretzschmar is out injured.

• @Right_in_the_Middle said:
    It's all ok replacing the reserves and youth team with loans but at this time of the season you're not in control of your own destiny. Call it Sods Law but Danny Rowe's recall made a defensive injury or three almost inevitable. To lose Sam Saunders would be a massive blow too. Fingers crossed for all sorts of reasons at the moment. Be kind to us.

Totally agree. As I have often said, I sincerely hope we manage to knock up a u21 side within our 5 year plan. We have unearthed nuggets before and selling a few will bring much needed cash to the Clubs coffers and help in situations like this. Throw in the kids as Fergie who said.

• Why's this worrying? The article says nothing. Brentford haven't had any injuries either.

• @Midlander said:
    Why's this worrying? The article says nothing. Brentford haven't had any injuries either.

My understanding, is that Warburton was looking at his attacking options and if so would recall Saunders, but only if Saunders would start in the lineup.

Someone obviously has stirred the Brentford nest and asked Warburton that question, would he recall Saunders, knowing full well our plight.

Hence this thread before another important game. Typical Journalism.

• My interpretation seems to be the same as @Midlander. The article seems to suggest that should Brentford get any major first team injuries which worsen their attacking options - then Warburton may call Saunders back as only then would he go straight into the starting lineup. So really, the only worrying thing is the same as it always would have been throughout the loan - that no key Brentford players are injured. Seems to just be journalism with the intention to stir up these exact worries.

• Hopefully Brentford lose on Saturday and Ipswich win. Then they can't with goal difference catch them up for play off places. Surely then they won't bother recalling him?

• However Alex Pritchard and Toumani Diagouraga have now got injured so that may change things.