Skip to content

Maka must be first choice goalie.

Comments

• Seriously? It is not close on any ability. Rocky is our best keeper and has done little wrong when I have seen him. He deserves our support and not a constant discussion about his inclusion

• edited August 2018

It seems until we settle down and grab a few points Gasroom lore demands that whoever is playing is obviously not as good as whoever is not playing.

• @Wendoverman said:
    It seems until we settle down and grab a few points Gasroom lore demands that whoever is playing is obviously not as good as whoever is not playing.

So true @Wendoverman!

• Watch Maka on you tube..You’ll realise what we’re missing.. I don’t know how to post it on here.

• I’ve seen the video (which is obviously highly selective) and his reactions and acrobatic athleticism is remarkable.
    “.....what we’re missing....” is an interesting development.

• are remarkable.

• And Allsop has been glued to his line all night so far...
    There’s no comparison.
    Give me a goalie that can get rid of problems by coming out and taking balls.

• Talking balls?

• Allsop ‘glued to his line’? Did you see Plymouth’s goal?

• If only he'd been glued to his line for that one!

There was one a bit later where it looked like the defender could sort it, and all of a sudden Allsop raced in from nowhere, miles out of his goal. Luckily he judged it right that time!

• @Peter said:
    Give me a goalie that can get rid of my problems by coming out and taking my balls in his silky palms.

Corrected that for you Pete!

• @arnos_grove said:

@Peter said:
    Give me a goalie that can get rid of my problems by coming out and taking my balls in his silky palms.

Corrected that for you Pete!

Did the keeper not have goalie gloves on then???? ?

• I’m sure there will be people on this site who would prefer a keeper/ goalie who stops goals against from headers and shots from within the 6 yard box by coming out and taking charge.
    Who can take crosses by rising above a mass of bodies less agile and athletic than him and who can get to the top and bottom corners like no one else I’ve ever seen.

• Who is @Peter ? And why is he obsessed with our No2 keeper?

• "Like no one else I've ever seen".... blimey, we might have Barcelona's new keeper in waiting !!??

• Well , he was on the sub’s bench for Chelsea against Barcelona in the final stages of a champion’s league game when he a teenager?
    Might be slightly off with ages but - Hey - You’ll know better than me ?

• @peter would you say that Ma-Kalambay is potentially the best keeper ever to play for Wycombe?

• @peter Ryan Huddart was on the bench for Arsenal in the Champions League when he was 17 but couldn't claim the number one spot from Scott Brown at Eastleigh and has just signed for Borehamwood. It's all relative.

• @Chris said:
    @peter would you say that Ma-Kalambay is potentially the best keeper ever to play for Wycombe?

@Chris said:
    @peter would you say that Ma-Kalambay is potentially the best keeper ever to play for Wycombe?

Probably the best keeper ever if you can be bothered looking at all his bio.

• Time to end this thread I think. It's getting a bit strange.

• A bold claim.

• @Wendoverman said:

Time to end this thread I think. It's getting a bit strange.

Generally in keeping with threads nowadays.

• If he gets a run as number one you might start to understand ?

• You join on October 2017 and make no posts or comments except on this particular issue? I'm sure you'll get your chance at some point, perhaps in the cups @Peter

• I was in Rio during the 2014 world cup and met some American 'people'. One of them said the Belgian goaltender (sic) was amazing.

I was with a Bolton brother and we fell about laughing.

But who is to say what correct language is? After all 'soccer' is a British word

• @LX1 said:
    I was in Rio during the 2014 world cup and met some American 'people'. One of them said the Belgian goaltender (sic) was amazing.

I was with a Bolton brother and we fell about laughing.

But who is to say what correct language is? After all 'soccer' is a British word

Goaltender? I prefer Netguard. He or she plays behind the D-fence. Or for those in the know who prefer lexicographical economy, the D.

• I’m getting excited. Not good at my age. I want to live long enough to see Yves saving the world.
    Seriously though, I enjoy watching him as much as I enjoy watching Sido. One of the joys of Tuesday’s iFollow “watch” was seeing one of his telescopic legs winning the ball perilously close to the penalty area. Clean tackle though, according to the referee. (Not a bad one, by the way, Richie.)

• We have a good squad...Injuries aside...Yves will have his chance for legendary status in the cups I expect.

• Yes @Wendoverman

I am sure many will remember the heroics of Chuck Moussadik

http://www.chairboys.co.uk/history/1993-1994/may1994-5-a-side.htm

• I remember Choo, he’s the one who made our dreams come true. (With apologies to Frank Ifield.). He was exactly half the size of Yves Ma-Kalambe, ideal for 5-a-side. I watched it in a pub at Cosy Corner with a local postman. From memory, we were the only two there.