Skip to content

Wyc Homeless Connect Wk2 Score Update plus predictions for BRov (h) and PLH (a)

edited August 2018 in Football

Nine of our intrepid band of 23 correctly predicted a defeat at Donny but only Bookertease was miserable enough to go the full hog and predict a 3-0. He gets the maximum points and goes three clear at the top. May it bring the negative bastard great happiness.......

Full table

Position Name Season Week
1 Booker Tease 12 6
2 DevC 9 3
3 Forever blue 8 2
4 Uncle T 5 -3
5 Twizz 3 -3
6 Wig and Pen 3 -3
7 Micra 3 -3
8 Oxford Blue 3 -3
9 Onlooker 2 -4
10 Shev 2 -4
11 HolmerBlue 2 3
12 Mooneyman 2 3
13 Chris 1 2
14 NorsQuarters 1 2
15 Thicket blue 1 2
16 York exile 1 3
17 ned Ludd -4 -3
18 Wendoverman -4 -3
19 Johnny King -4 -3
20 Manboobs -5 -3
21 LX -5 -3
22 Railway Steve -5 -4
23 Dr Congo -6 -4

any queries with scoring, do shout.

Competition is league only - so no predictions required for League Cup game. There is a league game on tuesday week though so predictions for both Bristol and Plymouth in this thread please. You dont have to predict the plymouth game before the result of Bristol is known, your choice.

Any remaining last entrants very welcome. £10 donation to Wyc homesless connection please. https://www.wyhoc.org.uk/donate.

Predictions from me
Wyc 2 Bristol 1. Ref plays on through a late thunder storm provoking Bristol fans to convert away end from all seating to safe standing overnight. Horses in the area fear for their safety.

Plymouth 2 Wyc 0. In a surprise development, GA is joined by Paul cook, Chris Powell and steve Evans in ambushing Adams at the tunnel and kicking the proverbial out of the prize wan*er. a slight breeze from air expelled from a well aimed kick to the stomach causes Graham Carey to collapse in a heap. As Adams is carried off on a stretcher, the classy home goons indulge in their favourite hobby of showering an injured human on a stretcher with abuse. its all bantz innit.

(yes it is still raining down here - 24 hours non stop now. Yes i am starting to climb the walls....)

P.s. (No I cant work out how to copy a table into this forum wthout it getting out of line. Any ideas gratefully received)

Comments

• Wycombe 1 - Rovers 0
    Plymouth 1 - Wycombe 0

• @devc How’s that?

• Thanks Chris. 4 1-0 predictions, I spy a tactic.

Table actually looks ok on a mobile, not on my desktop.

I'll have a read of your link. Many would say GitHub is the perfect site for me....

• Wycombe 1 - 1 brizzle rovers
    Plymouth 1 - 0 Wycombe (hoping I am wrong)

• Wycombe 2 Bristol R 1
    Plymouth 2 Wycombe 0 (also hope I'm wrong)

• This might help @DevC

Thread title could do with being a little snappier too.

• WWFC 1-1 GAS

• Wycombe 1 Rovers 0

• Thanks @DevC. It didnt. It just made this miserable bastard more miserable (albeit smugly miserably - not a good combination).

After a deflating midweek knockout however I’m going for a morale-boosting 2-0 home win against Bristol Rovers.

If we do I fancy a sneaky point against Plymouth.

• May I be the first to congratulate @DevC on being in second place. Anyone checked his predictions?!

• Wycombe 2-0 Bristol Rovers
    Plymouth 1-2 Wycombe

• Wycombe 1 Bristol Rovers 0
    Plymouth 1 Wycombe 1

• Wycombe Wanderers 2 - 1 Bristol Rovers
    Plymouth Argyle 3 - Wycombe Wanderers 0

• Wycombe 1-1 Bristol Rovers
    Plymouth 2-1 Wycombe

• Wycombe 2 Bristol Rivers 2
    Plymouth 1 Wycombe 1

• I feel a win at home 2-1 to us
    At Plymouth a 2-0 defeat

• Wycombe 2 Bristol Ravers 1
    Plymouth 1 Wycombe 2

• Wycombe 2 Bristol Rovers 1
    Plymouth 1 Wycombe 1

• Wycombe 1 - Bristol Rovers 0
    Wycombe 0 - Plymouth 1

• Twizz, so we are clear, I am going to interpret your prediction for Plymouth Wycombe as a 1-0 home win to Plymouth. If you meant otherwise do shout.

• @DevC that is indeed what I meant. Fat fingers and all that ...

• Can I just say now on behalf of myself and the team that as long as I am fifth bottom at the end of the season I will be happy.

• You haven't checked the small print though, at the end of the season five get relegated from Dev's league!

• This is getting serious...I may need to make some panic changes in January.

• Can we vote to end the season now?

• Wycombe 2 Brizzle 1
    Plymouth 1 Wycombe 1

• Wycombe 1-1 Gas
    Plymouth 2-2 Wycombe

• If we draw every third away game (15 points), win every fourth home game (33 points) and win a couple of away games (6 points) we will be safe. Feels a bit strange thinking along those lines after two games and before the arrival on loan of two proven goalscorers (!) but it has helped me to relax a little.

Apologies for slight deviation from topic and length of this post but the number of draws and the preponderance of low scores in the predictions got me thinking. (Quite an achievement after going to bed at 12.45 am and being woken by mrs micra at 5.30 am with the news that water was dripping from the loft hatch - thankfully no real damage done and quickly rectified by replacing ball cock valve and re-attaching the mysteriously detached overflow pipe.)

• Lack of sleep has caused your maths to be a bit faulty, Micra.

23 home games, 23 away games, not 46 of each.