Skip to content

Wyc Homeless Connection Comp - score updates and Donny (a)

2»

Comments

• 1-0, happy to be wrong

• Thanks for the prompt @DevC I’m going for 1-1 again. COYB.

• @DevC I'm so excited about the return of Jason McCarthy that I need to revise my prediction to a 1-0 Wycombe win.

PS. Not donated yet, but will.

• I said:
    I would like to revise my prediction, please, to a 2-2 draw.

A big shift from a 3-1 defeat. I must have sensed a big signing about to be announced.

• DevC - still away. Will do the transfer from a pc when home.
    Are you and Railway Steve liaising? Anyway, posted on both threads, just in case.
    8250 including 450 from Wycombe.
    Result 2 - 1.

• That's fine thicket.

All known entrants entries this week gratefully received. Any more welcome.

To avoid risk of confusion, I'll accept only predictions in the dedicated threads that will have broadly similar titles to this one. sorry for any duplication.

• @DevC : Does your use of the plural “threads” mean that you will pick up score forecasts made only on threads other than this one?

• No Micra. it was anticipating that there will be more than one league match this season and hence more than one thread. I avoided having to write "more than one thread" by the, I understand, common grammatical device of adding an "s" to the word "thread" to convey the plural message.

• Sarcasm doesn’t suit you (or endear you). This thread will remain a single thread however many matches are played.

• I apologise. Intended in jest.

This thread will indeed remain a single thread. There will be another single thread next week. Another the week after etc.

It is therefore correct in my view to state that this week and in future "I'll accept only predictions in the dedicated threads that will have broadly similar titles to this one."

I cant say i'm a grammar expert or that it excites me overly but think you might have this one wrong. Either way no harm done. Enjoy your weekend.

meanwhile any other entries gratefully received..................

• I made an error. I had not spotted the match specific element in your thread. I mistakenly assumed that it would be in the same ongoing category as the Definitve ex player thread and that @railwaysteve’ s thread was the similarly titled thread to which you were referring in the last paragraph of your 11.11am post. I now understand why you will have a thread per match - it makes sense, I know it does. But I abhor sarcasm and that is how your post of 11.41 came across.