Skip to content

Doncaster (a) (League One) Attendance prediction thread

2»

Comments

• edited August 2018

Spreadsheet updated with the lastest predications and the score predictions entered from the worthy @DecC charity score prediction thread. 25 Predictions so far

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Qg6f5XL4PBEHvZpu8sxYA4PpaWXewc9FjZ5eMSSpEx8/edit?usp=sharing

We currently say:

7914 total crowd
    472 Blue Army - @Onlooker closest to this average with 475

Clear blue sky here in Doncaster at the moment - could be an omen and probably means I underestimated.

Five say home win, Nine say draw and Four say away win.

Up the Blues - safe and pleasant journey to those travelling.

• It was 7,122 with 414 Chairboys.

• Congratulations to @tewkesburychairboy who was just one out with a prediction of 7123. That qualifies as a bullseye sir.
    @DevC was 22 out with 7100 and was the only other person to get within 100.

For the size of the very vocal Blue Army, @floyd was the closest, only two out with 412, @Ned_Ludd was within 10 with 409. Almost all of us were within 100, I was one of the five who was not. @rmjlondon gets a special mention for being exactly out by 100.

@bookertease got the score right, but I bet he wishes he hadn't.

It was impressive and says much about us as a club that a good proportion of the 414 supporters were applauding the players off the field at the end and the players came to reciprocate.

• On this subject did anyone else take a look at all the empty seats and think that there only looked about 5000 in there? Hard to believe it was half full

• I couldn’t believe the vast expanse of empty seats. Those closest to the pitch, too.

• @bookertease Yep, did my usual "guess the crowd" just before KO. I'm usually fairly close at home (normally within 300 or so), and usually over-estimate away. I reckoned around 4,800 with 400 away. But definitely didn't look anywhere near 7,000.

• They probably count season ticket holders who were on holiday or who couldn't be bothered to watch their club playing the cheating bastards from South Bucks.

• Season ticket holders are indeed included in the gate.

• @micra does that mean I could have gone for free...if they are counting me?

• Hell of a lot missing then.

• Me tired. Me no understand. Also starting to have doubts about the veracity of my statement. Off to bed now for siesta in preparation for what I’m sure will be an exciting evening’s entertainment and a welcome opportunity to sample the real ale in the Caledonian Suite. See you there.

• The drone army gagging to have a go at Pierre will probably give the game a tiny bit more atmosphere.
    If he plays.
    And if they go!