Skip to content

Ibe money

2»

Comments

• The shadowy board asked me to bury it in my garden until the heat died down, marlowchair had been eliminated and Trevor was distracted by a poor run of results.

• Great levity around a rather important subject.

There is no question around where the Ibe money or any other money has gone.it has been allocated to debt reduction and the board were transparent at all times.a little more charity around current running debts and who loans us money month to month would be beneficial and desirable in my opinion.

The concern would be if we are again operating at a sizeable loss year on year. Some will say that is Normal for a lower league club such as ours and there is some truth to that. I would argue that our “front office” operation of ticketing,catering,commercial sales , cost management and HR development is sub standard and far behind our football department standards and if we are losing money year on year those areas and those whose remit it is to oversee them are at fault.

Selling players has covered the damage up but that is a short term fix that neglects the real problem at hand.

Hypothetically of course this heads in one direction for clubs -Club is told “we are broke and need saving “ when it comes to light club have performed full due dilligence with foreign investors over past months and “must” sell a large slice of shares to them or die.

The travesty of this for clubs it happens to is that it is usually the same kingmakers in the directors seats who oversaw the lack of business performance and discipline which led to the yearly losses and debts who sell the new investment to the supporters as some kind of windfall when infact it is nothing more than selling ones house ( or part of it) because one focused too much on the fun and glorious things yet neglected the basics required to balance the budget and pay the mortgage.

• The club didn’t have any card machines in Monty’s on Saturday.

Whilst I have no evidence, only suspicions, I have reason to believe Andrew Howard had supercharged the contactless receivers and was walking round the Vere with one in each pocket, racking up quite a handsome sum of money from unsuspecting victims.

None of that money will go to the club mind you. It goes to shadowy Masonic events in the Hellfire Caves.

• The club didn't have any beer in Monty's on Saturday, let alone card machines

• The only worrying aspect of all the above comments is that some elements of them are likely to re-surface at some point in the future, at which point they will quoted as indisputable facts!

• I might be able to help you @trevor as I regularly help my kids with their primary school maths homework.

Johnny borrows £5 from his mum to buy 20 sweets and set up a sweet stall. He pays the council £2 for his pitch and pays Brian £1 for the day to run the stall. Brian sells sells one sweet to Jane for 25p and another to Billy for 40p. How is Johnny still in debt and why isn't he spending all that money he got from Jane and Billy on new sweets and why isn't he telling all his customers where the money goes and why are the other market traders all buying new stock and Johnny isn't?

• The other traders have all gone to a loan shark so they can buy lots of new stock.

• @drcongo said:

How is Johnny still in debt and why isn't he spending all that money he got from Jane and Billy on new sweets and why isn't he telling all his customers where the money goes and why are the other market traders all buying new stock and Johnny isn't?

Sounds to me like Johnny needs a Sugar Daddy.

• no need for a sugar tax at those prices