Skip to content

Gape to Peterborough?

1235»

Comments

• @marlowchair since you are dragging this on here are the minutes from the last Trust AGM (penned exactly as read out on the night by Trevor Stroud):

"My role as Chairman, is to continue the journey started 3 and a half years ago when Andrew became chairman and build on that legacy to deliver stability both on and off the field. The reason for the period of stability came about from the money we received as a result of the Jordan Ibe transfer. Before you ask, no I still, and never will, be able to tell you how much we received from this transfer, but as accounts are published, the amount of information in the public domain, will enable some intelligent guesses. A large proportion of this windfall, was used to pay off debt, and the balance was used as working capital, but Mark will cover this in his finance report in general terms, and in more detail at the Finance Forum on the 11th December. However, it is worth pointing out that in the year ending 30th June 2017, we managed to halve the outstanding debt, to £1.2 million, and we continue to reduce this, albeit by a small amount every month.

On the subject of finances, we continue to address the subject of the longer term financial future of the Club. You should not be fooled by the positive figures which will be published in the Football Club accounts, because a profit on paper does not mean a bucket load of money available to splash around. To ensure we have a viable future, without relying on “football fortune”, we still need to increase sales and reduce costs, but I am confident we are moving in the right direction. We continue to talk to various parties about them joining us on our journey. I describe it like that intentionally, as I personally believe if we can find a likeminded partner who understands the Supporter owned model and wants to embrace it, this would be the ideal scenario. However, we have seen so many instances of so-called benefactors ending up ruining clubs, so we will take things slowly and build trust rather than looking for a big impact. The objectives of the Trust, as set out in our constitution, include acting as a responsible custodian of the Club for future generations, and ensuring that the Club operates with financial responsibility enabling it to be run for the long term interest of the community. Those principles are very important, both to me and to the rest of the Trust board, and all discussions about the future are tested against those criteria.

You have my assurance that members will be kept up to speed with any significant developments. I can also assure you that there are no discussions at all which involve the Trust not being the owners of Wycombe Wanderers, or any discussions involving ownership of Adams Park. Clearly if people are going to invest in a Football Club, they want some security over their investment, however Wycombe Wanderers not being a Trust owned Club is not on the table."

All of this seems perfectly clear and reasonable to me. It is available on the Trust website.

In my opinion the only points you have raised with any validity are surrounding F&B and hopefully those points will be noted and taken on board for improvement. The rest I just see as baseless speculation.

• @DJWYC14 I fear that however much factual, truthful information you give those who believe in a conspiracy will never be convinced. They will still keep recycling the same untruth and innuendo because that is what they have to believe to make their world make sense to them.

• A question with regards to the 75% of Legacy members votes needed for a significant change to the constitution. Isn't it the case that as the legacy members slowly die off (sorry to be blunt) or otherwise cease to be eligible as Legacy members their share reverts to the trust board(?). So that eventually all the legacy members shares will come under the control of the trust board. At that point, if I'm correct - and I may not be - the trust board could vote through any change they like?
    I'm really looking for someone to tell me I'm wrong and explain exactly how it does work

• @Twizz I am not sure what the current status is of the 500 shares in the original Football Club or if they have any validity at all now. I keep mine safely in a filing cabinet just in case. They did have validity when Steve Hayes took ownership, with those belonging to people who died or ceased to hold a season ticket reverting to the Trust, but I think that may have ended when the Trust took ownership and the current rules were put in place.

Under the current Trust rules anyone who is both a member of the trust and has held a season ticket for more than three years becomes a Legacy Member.

From the Trust Rules published on the Trust website:
    "“Legacy Member” means members who were Legacy Members at the time of registration of these Rules and members who hold a season ticket with the Club and who are in at least their fourth consecutive season of so doing. Legacy Members who cease to hold a season ticket shall become members"

http://wycombewandererstrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Rules.doc

• Not wanting to derail the thread, but the Peterborough owner has said on Twitter they have not made a move for Gape

• And close thread.

• Phew!

• @Uncle_T thanks for that. I suspected that my memory of the Legacy Member definition might be incorrect

• Here is a fairly simple answer to your question @marlowchair
    As a legacy member I don't want to see any further repeat of the last possible sale situation. There wasn't enough due diligence done on this occasion and it was impossible to know what was being discussed.
    If you assume everything has a price I would be amazed if offers weren't being received for a great football club. I don't need to be told about offers being received or sought. I do though want to be given well researched and accurate information when the need for me to be involved happens.
    In the meantime you can panic, worry and try to distabilise as much as you like. I don't really believe a word you are saying on this subject

• Has Dominic Gape gone to Peterborough?

• Nope, but Frankie’s gone to Hollywood.

• No he hasn't. He's still riding horses

• Prince Charles will be upset !!

• Guess Gape is staying then. Great news.