Skip to content

Inside info, 2 new signings today ;)

2»

Comments

• Waiting until we actually sign someone, then they can claim to have predicted it ...

We are going to win is my personal piece of insider knowledge, but confidentiality prevents me from saying when.

• I couldn’t make the game today, how did the two new signings play?

• Rumours circulating round the Frank Adams today that Gape is off to Posh. Hopefully baseless.

• @marlowchair is Dom Gape the 'pending sale' you mentioned the other day?

• Exclusive footage of the OP after his only prediction didn’t come true:

• If Gape goes, we're struggling massively in that midfield.
    3 vets, and a pretty untested Thompson who is only contracted until Jan.

Bloomfield and Bean you feel shouldn't really be starting too often together, so we may need some inspired loanees again!

• Bloomfield played well today I thought

• I think all three of the midfield played well today.

All three are decent, honest committed professional players that are eminently capable of playing in League One. We’re lucky to have them.

The challenge of course is their age. They’re never going to play 50 games this season and we need to get ourselves some younger legs.

• @TheatreOfChairs said:
    I think all three of the midfield played well today.

All three are decent, honest committed professional players that are eminently capable of playing in League One. We’re lucky to have them.

The challenge of course is their age. They’re never going to play 50 games this season and we need to get ourselves some younger legs.

Agreed. Thought we worked very hard today and were unlucky not to get the win but... without cover this squad will be blowing hard by early spring. However I have faith that Gaz will pull some loan rabbits out of the hat in the next few weeks. COYB!

• The roles played by Messrs Bean and Bloomfield are well apart, both in distance and function. Matt B played in an attacking role today and performed as well as I can remember him playing. Marcus B had a more defensive role and also played very well. Matt spent a surprising amount of time in or near the Blackpool box and was well placed at least a couple of times to “get a shot away”. On one occasion in the second half Randell Williams passed the ball to him from a few yards away as if to say “there you are, pop it in” but Matt shot over. With more confidence (and that will come if he plays regularly) Randell himself will pull the trigger more often, as he did subsequently after moving on to a superb defence splitting ball from Joe Jacobson, only to see Mark Howard save with his leg. Howard was superb, as was the whole Blackpool defence which came under siege many times, especially in the first half.

Honours even then but I don’t think Blackpool could justifiably have complained too much if we’d sneaked a win.

• For me, Blackpool bringing on O'Sullivan for Nottingham at half-time made the difference between it being a Wycombe win and the draw that we ended up with. Despite being troubled by an injured wrist, which presumably was at least partly why he didn't start, O'Sullivan ran the game for periods of the second half and was behind Blackpool's most threatening attacks. Apart from his long throw-ins, Nottingham was rubbish and O'Sullivan looked a much better player.

• That’s Nottingham for you @Wendoverman.

• @micra yes I demand he change his name to derby or Leicester immediately.

• Just wanted to commend you again on the brilliant insider knowledge.

Only out by a week and the club in question. Any more gems?

• @OxfordBlue said:
    Just wanted to commend you again on the brilliant insider knowledge.
    Only out by a week and the club in question. Any more gems?

To what and to whom are you referring @OxfordBlue?

• @micra The original poster of this thread.

• Aha, my total heat-induced exhaustion prevented me from scrolling back and I was too stupid to notice the thread title at the top of the page. Thanks, anyway.

• Has @IanBeale posted since? Or has he gone back to his usual account name

• Phil Mitchell has flushed his head down the bog.

• edited August 2018