Skip to content

Pre-season quiz

Name the 39 players who have made more than 100 appearances for WWFC in the Football League

https://www.sporcle.com/games/wwfcquiz/wwfc-100plus-apps

Comments

• Not great - only 25 out of 39 - bit of a mental block.

• 28 for me - I knew I was running out of ideas when I tried Charlie Mapes...

• @Last_Quarter I still maintain that boy had potential.

• 29 - the time limit did for me

I missed some absolute sitters

• After a stewards enquiry, a 40th Football League centurion has been found.

(Not embarrassing in the slightest...)

1. Thought I'd done well until I saw the six I'd not got, including some current players!
  • Just typing Johnson doesn't work. Didn't realise they required first names as well.

• @Croider Only for surnames that are shared by more than one player

• 31/40, like a few others I missed a few blatantly obvious ones (well, clearly they weren't blatantly obvious to me...)

I also can't help but notice that Michael Harriman is omitted from the list despite making 121 league appearnces for us!

• @ChairboyTom Yet another example of a blatantly obvious player who was missed! Thanks for the heads up

• Stefan Oakes got what it takes?

• Harriman is on the list.

1. Like most before me I’m kicking myself over the ones I missed.
  • That's a tough one as it's not players who have made international appearances only whilst playing for Wycombe. I only got 14!

• El Abd missing (and Carlos Lopez if we’re including Olympic games)

• And Dion Dublin missing.

• Does Alfie Mawson count too?

• @DevC Handball Stef is also a centurion, you're correct.

• Ah that is good news, Reading. First step to heaven on a disappointingly wet morning.

• It wouldn’t be disappointing here @DevC .
    Badly needed.

• Don't get me wrong, Micra, its been a glorious summer but today frankly, you could be bang under the moon of love and you wouldn't know.

• I hate to admit defeat @DevC but I confess that you have flummoxed me. I vaguely recall a hit song in (probably) the ‘seventies but I don’t think banging came into it. Shame really.

• Sorry Micra. I thought it was common knowledge. The aforementioned Stefan Oakes's dad was a member of Showwaddywaddy, hence weak pun attempt.

I am afraid I am a little too young to have done much banging to the tunes of ShowWW. I thought you would remember then though.....

• BWK then (as @EddieMonsoon was wont to say). That abbreviation flummoxed me too when “Eddie” used it on the original Gasroom. That fact about Stefan Oakes’ dad is mildly interesting and I was amazed that he’d played over 100 times for Wycombe, including substitute
    appearances I assume.