Skip to content

New GK kits

They are the most dreadful designs I have ever seen.Even the keepers look sheepish wearing them.Whoever came up with those ideas should be shot. Why were they ever accepted and can they be changed -pleeeease !!

Comments

• edited July 2018

I quite like them; yellow option better than pink.

Not the most dreadful design to my eyes. Not even the most dreadful Wycombe design. This, in my opinion, was the worst Wycombe goalie kit:

https://diomedia.com/stock-photo-brian-parkin-wycombe-wanderers-fc-compulsory-credit-uppaphotoshot-photo-ugl-011917c-03a-08081996-image17462310.html

• Being memorable is always half the battle!

• @Uncle_T Ugh, the ‘Manic Miner fooballer’ shirt. I’d successfully managed to forget that (but not the man wearing it) - until now.

• I'd love to see some figures on keeper shirt sales from last season when we adopted a more outlandish design. I would have thought that sales figures will have been higher than in previous years - I've certainly seen a lot of them in the ground. The kids and teens love 'em!

Added to that the extra tv coverage that improves our media profile, and not forgetting the on field effects (don't forget we did pretty well last year with a design that many people felt was a little garish).

• Decent design. Stands out and that’s the point. There’ll only be one on the pitch so no need for your shades.

• I like it.

• We need a poll. I think the majority would be in favour.

• I've often thought last years psychedelic design probably helped strikers rather than hindered them. They don't have to look up to see where the keeper is, as he's so bright, they can probably see him out of the corner of their eyes....
    A nice bland/camouflaged kit would be much better!

• @Garçon_de_Chaise said:
    I'd love to see some figures on keeper shirt sales from last season when we adopted a more outlandish design. I would have thought that sales figures will have been higher than in previous years - I've certainly seen a lot of them in the ground. The kids and teens love 'em!

The club have said many times that it was by far and away the most successful GK shirt in terms of sales.

Whilst I would never buy one I do prefer the yellow design to last seasons ‘effort’.

• @Garçon_de_Chaise ?: Are you Hayesey in disguise?