Skip to content

World Cup Sweepstakes

I got Australia and Saudi Arabia in my office sweepstake. Would have been better off just eating that fiver.

Comments

• Croatia for me and we haven;t even got a prize for not making it out of the group.

• Think you’ve got problems. I drew England

• At least that gives you a reason to care about their progress

• For a week or do I guess

• got to be good for a heart stopping penalty shoot-out in the first knockout game @bookertease

• @drcongo said:
    I got Australia and Saudi Arabia in my office sweepstake. Would have been better off just eating that fiver.

Doesn't that make you Hungary?

• @drcongo said:
    At least that gives you a reason to care about their progress

I think this is the most likeable England side/manager in many a tournament

• ^Agreed. I am usually at best ambivalent about our national side, possibly due to being a supporter of a lower league side with a dislike and distrust of the PL, but I like how England have progressed, both as a footballing side and as a collective unit, under Southgate, who has always come across as both an intelligent man and a good one.

• Indeed it must be frustrating for our patriotic press that there s no scandal yet and only possibly an injury to Radford. Or not . Sadly it's in Russia but I think they'll do better than perhaps most of us suspected.

• I wouldn't have taken Radford even if he was fully fit.

• Pedantry aside - fully agree @Wendoverman, although the S*n have done their best by telling Sterling what he can and can't do with his own body and spreading, apparently false, stories about him being disciplined for turning up late for training.

• Radford the mystery goalkeeper no-one knew about with the Adolf Hitler neck tattoo? He s looking forward to ambling about the streets of st Petersburg.

• These phones are too small and my fingers too fat...add to that auto correct with a strange mind of its own and I'm stuffed.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Radford the mystery goalkeeper no-one knew about with the Adolf Hitler neck tattoo? He s looking forward to ambling about the streets of st Petersburg.

Sign him up.

• But don’t tell anyone until you’re about to release him.

• Got South Korea... not impressed, also a waste of a fiver

• Spain & Australia for me. However, our sweepstake has a wide array of prizes that could go to people with crap teams.

My favourite is first team to score a goal awarded through VAR that the on pitch referee didn’t give.

• @arnos_grove said:

My favourite is first team to score a goal awarded through VAR that the on pitch referee didn’t give.

That'll be Russia this afternoon, if it hasn't already happened.

• Apparently Russia won 4 - 0 according to Russia Today tomorrow.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Apparently Russia won 4 - 0 according to Russia Today tomorrow.

Thought they'd already made it through to the knockout stages? We'll see what Putin has to say about that if they haven't!

• Vlad’ll Fix It

• @Wendoverman said:
    Apparently Russia won 4 - 0 according to Russia Today tomorrow (

I am now very scared. Of you or Russia Today I’m not sure

• A completely surprising result....

• Bollocks. Those pesky Ruskies ruined my witty comment

• To quote every post-AP League Two Opposition View last season: I would not want to watch that every week...

• @drcongo said:

Sounds like you are really Hungary.

• @drcongo said:

• @drcongo said:

• Eating a fiver? Sounds like you are really Hungary.