Skip to content

Exeter find something to cheer about

At least they can find something to console themselves with :):):)

Re: Coventry City vs Exeter City - Match Day Thread

''Always the whipping boys to these ex 'big' clubs.Maybe our next manager will get us up in the autos next season , forget this lottery.Thinks , at least we won't be playing Wycombe.''

Karma for Lincoln fans...,

Now time for us to beat Coventry away!

Comments

• ....and at home. What a double. Good away following too. And much shorter away trip for our own travelling fans.

• I did want Exeter to win, but not sure why they hate us so much. I would have thought there might be a bit more mutual respect between the three fan owned clubs.

• Yes saw that, pretty sure they will be looking for a new manager as well. Why would he want to stay with the abuse he received this season.

• Yes...been there 3 times in last few seasons ...nice stadium, now WASPIfied just need the result!

Also nice to know that in the depths of their despair Exeter fans are still thinking of us!!

• If Tisdale does go, it bumps Gareth up to 2nd longest serving manager, with Mr Wenger having gone.
    Roll on 1st longest!

• Do Coventry definitely have an agreement to play at the Ricoh next season, I've heard that might not be the case, and a new deal might not be negotiated as they are currently taking legal action against wasps.

• Exeter have become an unpleasant bunch.
    Ignore for a moment their bizarre obsession with us, but even without that constant whining, appalling abuse of a manager that has served a small club well and taken them to Wembley on a number of occasions and of course assaulting an 80 year old opposition coach. They seem to think they are a championship club, in fact they are just a run of the mill league 2 side. I hope they will struggle next year.

• I think the cider swillers' obsession with us began with Paul Hayes's famous late late late show with the last kick of the game in the 2-1 win at home in the 2014/15 season. From what I can remember they were comically sore losers (complete with vindictive vandalism of the away end toilets) and clearly haven't got over themselves since then.

• edited May 2018

Yes, it's nice to have a promotion, but not really that great when you've absolutely dropped down the tiers!