Skip to content

Phone call for Mr Ainsworth

There's a Mr Klopp on the line wants to loan you a keeper ,European Final experience ,Safe pair of hands but may drop pen when signing contract .

Comments

• So Scott Brown is little more than a decent shot stopper. Seems that has a big more credit after last night.

• Might be worth Mr Ainsworth nudging Mr Klopp!

Lois Karius is under contract at Liverpool until June 2021 - could be a free loan?
    He would be coming to a club full of confidence and anticipation
    The media attention not a problem - we manage it well with Bayo
    It would be a good fit for him - high enough to not be a joke and low enough to reduce the pressure for him
    Fan owned club - full of happy fans - extra season tickets sales?
    Ainsworth has a record of payoffs from showing patience with players
    During last season we mostly scored freely making up for occasional defensive frailty
    We would be able to respond to dodgy keeper chants against PNL, Sunderland, Bristol R with "Dodgy Club ...." or "We've got more points than you"!

Would be fun.

• Think you’ve probably nailed it @railwaysteve.
    But, seriously (well, semi-seriously), comparisons with Liverpool are surprisingly valid. Both WW and Liverpool need to strengthen in goal and central defence. Both have key players who are Egyptian and both have 5’9” prolific goalscorers whose early years as professional footballers have been somewhat troubled. The parallels may not end there.

• I agree with your comments about Morecambe. That post was thoughtless, foolish and not even amusing.
    It’s what happens when you let amateurs loose on a keyboard.

• edited May 2018

What was the Morecambe tweet?
    I saw our very own Tom Jarvis had quote tweeted it showing his disbelief, but the Morecambe tweet had been deleted by the time I saw it. Intrigued to know what it was.

• Something about getting a call from Karius' agent and saying no thanks

• That’s correct.