Skip to content

Overseas Chairboys

I've noticed when looking through social media / YouTube comments that we seem to have quite a widespread following. Messages from Brazil, Chile, Greece, Turkey, Japan and others (thanks to the wonders of Google Translate, usually quite complimentary).

Obviously there are some that are relocated Chairboys or offspring thereof but I wonder what makes people from such far flung places follow us?

I'd love to hear reasons from anyone on here who follows Wycombe without a direct connection to the area (or theories from the rest of you that aren't the obvious Beast Mode On). Would probably make good copy for Parklife / The Wanderer if it hasn't been done already.

Comments

• Apart from the obvious Bayo-factor, I'd guess a lot of it must be people who have played as Wycombe on FIFA or Champ Manager games. I remember taking more than a passing interest in the likes of Berwick Rangers and Telford United for similar reasons when I was a youngster.

• Is it not because we are the greatest team the world has ever seen? Surely that plays a role...

• I spent a while doing work experience teaching in a primary school in the south of France. By complete accident several of the children picked up on my interest in Wycombe Wanderers and still follow them. I'm on good terms with the parents and still get the occasional email of the kids running around in Chairboys kits.

• @Wendoverman said:
    Is it not because we are the greatest team the world has ever seen? Surely that plays a role...

By far

• edited May 2018
  • Three men in a boat?