Skip to content

Bad day for Kevin Janice Nolan

2»

Comments

• Gotta come clean @Jonny_King. I remember @Wendoverman (I think it was he) saying how much he’d enjoyed Issue 112 during half time. Well, my copy has sat, partly read, on a pile of programmes ever since and I have only just read the Father Nathan piece. Brilliant, and recommended reading ahead of Saturday’s conflict. Another snippet I picked up from 112 is the fact that Curtis Thompson has been on the winning side twice at the Church of St Kenilworth. Better sharpen him up tomorrow in preparation for possible participation on Saturday.

• Not me @micra I never do the reading at half time as I am in the poorly run kiosk queue or the poorly run toilet queue. But that @jonny_king is doing a fine job.

• @Jonny_King said:
    I certainly wouldn't recommend attempting The Wanderer without at least a couple of drinks inside you @robin.

Is that reading it or writing it, Jonny?

• I believe the amount of typos and editing errors in each edition answer that question for me.

• If there's any truth that Notts County tried to talk to Gaz about taking over, they have to be having a laugh!
    We hadn't battled to get to league 1 for 5 years for him to then drop back into league 2!

• Notts County probably still labouring under the delusion they're a massive club.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Looking at Twitter there's a lot of; 'I think he would step down for a bigger club/Has taken Wycombe as far as they can go/We're more ambitious than Wycombe" type comments from County fans.

• It's extraordinary isn't it? We've been on the same level as Notts County for at least the last twenty years. Arguably in that time we've been more successful on the pitch and more stable off it.

• I vaguely remember Notts County being in the top flight, maybe 91/92 sort of time?
    But after that there's been nothing even remotely outstanding about them.

• They were, until Neil Warnock got them relegated. Amazing that 25 years later he is still managing a team in the Premier League.

• @mooneyman said:
    They were, until Neil Warnock got them relegated. Amazing that 25 years later he is still managing a team in the Premier League.

To Warnock’s credit he has got more promotions than any other manager (which is why he is still around).

• @mooneyman that'll be the Neil Warnock who got them promoted twice?

• Couple of County fans at work. Both horrified that someone from Wycombe would turn them down. One described it as ‘a real insult coming from you lot’!

I’ve learnt it takes some lifetime FL supporters a long time to realise how far they’ve sunk and even longer to realise how long we’ve not been a non-league club.

• edited August 2018

Much as I respect the Black and White half of my home town, they seem to forgotten how they had to beg with buckets and auction signed Forest shirts to survive not that long ago. GA has a cushy position at the moment...he is untouchable at Wycombe, has stability and support and is learning his trade at the proper coal-face of football. When he goes, it will be as a battle-hardened, experienced manager to somewhere bigger and better rather than any of those around us, I suspect.

• They very kindly rolled over on our way to the League Cup semi-final. I've always been grateful to them for that.

• @arnos_grove said:
    Couple of County fans at work. Both horrified that someone from Wycombe would turn them down. One described it as ‘a real insult coming from you lot’!

I’ve learnt it takes some lifetime FL supporters a long time to realise how far they’ve sunk and even longer to realise how long we’ve not been a non-league club.

The other Gallagher brother was interviewed on the radio once and said his lowlight of being a City fan was when we did the double over them in the League.

Although they’ve done rather well since.

• It's very good of him to remember our impressive 100% league record against them. I quite like a nice anomalous stat, and that one really stands out.

• Read an interesting article about how Graham Potter and Ian Burchnall have done so well in Scandinavia despite having no chance at football management in England as they were not names. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44884868
    So Nolan talks a great game spends a sh1t load of money and delivers nothing, Kewell will do the same yet I would bet that both will remain on the management gravy train now.

• I feel it's perhaps right to provide a measure of balance and say that, despite his third person self-references and an apparently irascible, somewhat one-eyed nature that is not unique to him among football managers, he took over a team that had lost its last ten matches and was threatened with relegation and left them eighteen months later having narrowly missed out on promotion.

• I was more perturbed at his record of beating us at Adams Park. Compared to Evans, Jones and Adams he was a pussy cat.

• Kewell would not have got this job if he wasn’t a name , don’t think he is a great manager and secondly think he has a bit of do you know who I am attitude like Nolan. .

• Seems Big Kev is taking it well, the 40% bit is part Partridge - part Sherwood.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45340419