Skip to content

8 a side inter mosque tournament BFP acticle

Great to see this taking place at AP this weekend ,oganised by the Sports and Education Trust . The games are being played after dark to accommodate fasting during Ramadan . Anything that bring different sections of the towns community to the ground and to the club must be applauded

Comments

• Hopefully we can afford the electricity bill as the floodlights burn money.

• Regardless of short-term electricity bills, I think it is a very positive move from the club.

From a club reputation and public image perspective, it reinforces the message that Wycombe Wanderers is a club with a genuine desire to be non-discriminatory.

From a commercial perspective, taking specific action to engage with a section of the local community that is under-represented in matchday attendances and getting them along to Adams Park should generate goodwill that may translate into increased ticket and merchandise sales or advertising/sponsorship revenue.

• Well said @Uncle_T .

• Has anyone suggested the club might be inclined to behave in a discriminatory fashion? If so, towards whom?

• Fat bald men

• Rattlers.

• @Username said:
    Fat bald men

Skinny Turnstiles

• @HCblue said:
    Has anyone suggested the club might be inclined to behave in a discriminatory fashion? If so, towards whom?

People aged between 26 and 59 years of age.

• People who punch the air near stewards.

• Clappy sticks, or is that Gasroom posters being discriminatory?

• @EwanHoosaami said:
    Clappy sticks, or is that Gasroom posters being discriminatory?

I believe the correct term is “wanker wands”, thank you.

• The club have posted this video

well done to all involved!

• Great idea, big untapped potential supporter base in Wycombe / south bucks and this can only help.

Even without the business case, looks a good night!

• Absolute brilliant initiative by the club this should be applauded. Surely the more we reach out to the local community the better it is for the future of our club

• @PBo said:
    I believe the correct term is “wanker wands”, thank you.

Of course, my sincere apologies. How remiss of me.