Skip to content

The Wanderer - On sale this Saturday!

If you STILL haven't picked up your copy of Issue 111 of The Wanderer, firstly - why the deuce not? Secondly - do not fret, we have a SMALL NUMBER of copies left and these will be on sale from the WWISC stand (Hillbottom Road, just before the AP gates) before the Stevenage game from about 12 onwards.

We do expect to sell out, so if you are desperate to get one (and why wouldn't you be?) then we recommend coming by early to avoid bitter, crushing, utterly heartbreaking disappointment.

Once they're gone, they're gone and you'll have no choice but to steal someone else's.

COYB

Comments

• Sold out for the first time in it's history a superb achievement,well done Jonny and the rest of the team.

• And a brilliant read! Thank you guys.

• I picked up one of the last five apparently.

• Already got mine from a few weeks ago but was lovely to stop and say hello to Bodger again

• Great to pick up a copy in person, and to meet @Jonny_King - who is clearly taking fanzine editing to new heights. Enjoying the read!

• Reading my first copy, it was great, made me laugh in a way a match day programme never would. Well done Jonny for putting it together. Not sure how you keep it so good when the submissions come from random people all over. Do you write a lot of it yourself as well?

• Great job this season by @Jonny_King and the people he keeps chained up until they write something.

• Thank you all for your kind comments and to all who stopped by to pick up a copy and help us achieve a first ever sell out. Glad to hear people enjoyed the edition, especially those getting it for the first time.

It was lovely to meet so many Gasroomers yesterday, including @Wig_and_Pen, @Shev and (if you are who I think you are) @Wendoverman among others.

I must apologise if I seemed a bit dazed and weird to some people. I'd been stood in the sun for a few hours when I belatedly realised I was babbling away a little incoherently to people and was suffering slightly from too much sun and not enough fluids. My mate had to rescue me with a can of Rio, which I didn't even know you could still get, so that was exciting. If I came across as a bit odd - sorry.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed to, helped sell, or bought the Wanderer this season. Plans are already underway for issue 112; one submission already received, a couple of other articles already in progress and a few slight tweaks planned to fine-tune the fanzine for next season.

If anyone would like to put pen to paper over the summer, then please send your work to [email protected] by Sunday 22nd July.

Thanks again!

• Depends who you think I am @Jonny_King which I might be. You did look as if I was going to punch you in the head though and I thought I was looking reasonably harmless yesterday. Had I known you'd been in the sun too long I'd have come back with a pint.

• @colonel_splaffy I write very little of it to be honest. We have about half a dozen regular contributors and few other occasional writers, who between them create a wonderfully written and delightfully varied fanzine. I just do the simple job of putting the pages in order.

• That’s twice now I’ve missed Bodger as a result of being too early. Never mind, it was good to see you again Jonny (albeit fleetingly) during your brief brief period of lucidity!
    Have a good summer and go easy on any Exeter fans you may chance to bump into.

• @Wendoverman Ha, sorry mate! I realised I was going a bit off the boil (or should that be on the boil) just as I had the delight of meeting @Shev and realised I was struggling to construct proper sentences! I was going to take myself off for a medicinal beer, but we were so close to getting rid of our last few copies I thought I'd see it out.

P.s - Why wouldn't you want to punch me in the head?

• Apologies for the repetition of ‘brief’. Freudian perhaps.

• @micra Brief, brief moments of lucidity are pretty much all I manage these days!

A pleasant, balmy summer to you too. I may well head over to SJP for Exeter's home playoff game (just when my wife thought she had finally won me back for the summer) but I may leave my Wycombe shirt at home.