Skip to content

Saunders signs for another year

Hope he can stay injury free, could be a real asset in L1.

Comments

• good early work by GA, if we can get JJ signed up and O9 extension would be amazing work...great platform, 3-4 new additions and feep we could cause a few suprises next season

• fantastic news

• I'm delighted by this - he'll come into his own in League One.

• Agreed, this is very good news.

• If he can stay fit this is an excellent bit of business.
    Got that extra bit of quality that'll be required in League One.

• Yesssssssssssssssssssssss

• Great news - not least because it renews the opportunity to see how GA deals with the perennial challenge of finding a formation that gets the best out of both Bayo and Saunders.

• Two thumbs up.

• Good decision. Even if he's not playing week in, week out he's a quality option to have.

• Delighted!

• Good news, as it suggests we're confident he'll be able to play enough games to make it worthwhile.

Will need to do some good rotation to keep our golden oldies fresh.

• Good news, as it suggests we're confident he'll play enough games to make it worthwhile.

We'll need an extra touch of quality and he's the man for it

• Agreed i think his class will be a great addition in league 1

• God, all this upbeat optimism about signings on the Gasroom is a bit frightening.

• @Wendoverman said:
    God, all this upbeat optimism about signings on the Gasroom is a bit frightening.

I think we're heading for a very quiet summer on the transfer front. Looks like we are planning to base our campaign next year around the bulk of this years squad and I have the feeling that other than probably a 'name' central defender that will be about it until we get into pre-season where I think GA will look at the loan market to bring in players of potential (probably including a GK) to add a bit of quality cover.

I look forward to reading the anguished complaint threads here when we get to July and haven't announced any major new signings!

• Think we will bring in around 6 new players probally a couple who can cover more than one position defence is the main problem sort that out and I think we have a good chance of staying up in league one.

• Heading for a sell out on Saturday, season ticket sales booming, key players signing on the dotted line, even the FB page filled with joyous mutterings.
    Just loving all this optimism!