Skip to content

big goal from Distribution Dave

takes Ebbsfleet onto the Play Off Semi Finals tonight - via a penalty shootout at Aldershot !

Comments

• edited May 2018

Lot of former Wycombe involvement - Waddock, Rendell, McClure, Winfield, McCoy and Weston.

Aldershot somehow managed to chuck it away twice having conceded a last minute ET equaliser to big Dave and then having had two penalties to win the match managed to miss both.

Neither side looked much to be honest and I’d fear for either in League Two. Ebbsfleet GK Nathan Ashmore looked pretty good. Out of contract and on a free in the summer, apparently there’s league clubs circling.

Interesting that Myles Weston can’t get a starting berth. He seems to be a perennial sub for whatever club he plays for at any level. An odd one.

Finally, I can’t ever imagine choosing Marvin McCoy to be one of my five penalty takers. It was no surprise when he missed with a pretty hopeless effort.

• I used to watch Ashmore at Gosport Borough. Good keeper, although surprised he hasn't progressed further as he's been on the radar of various clubs for several years now.

He had trials at Pompey a few years ago, but elected to stay at Gosport as he could earn more staying in his day job and playing part time than what Pompey were offering.