Skip to content

Wild thing

edited May 2018 in Football

https://www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/wildthingflag

Is this real and viable, do we think/ know? If so, I'd be in for a fiver but want to check before I chuck my money away...

Comments

• Good point. Maybe SLD will give the money to the club if he doesn't reach his target. If he's on here can he confirm?

• Donated. I believe it is refunded by the site if you don't hit target.

• Done. Donations coming in quite quickly. They need to, I guess, if the banner is to be produced on time.

• I just chucked in too. Getting close.

• Me too now.

• Congrats to all, target reached!

• Crikey that was quick. Makes me wonder if crowd funding could be the answer to Gareth’s prayers. (Not saying that he’s praying for a banner.)

• Does it say 'Wild Thing, we think we love you'? Be nice to see the whole thing.

• Just what I thought.

• Wonder if, if more got chipped in, they could make a much bigger one...

• Can't make it too big or it won't get let into grounds

• Now stands at £250.

• Use the £200 for this flag and put the rest towards a large crowd surfer banner in the terrace for next season. Looks like we could easily raise enough for it.

• @micra raises an interesting point (sorry to thread derail). Perhaps people were put off investing in the 500 Club because they didn't have a spare £150, but may have been able/happy to put 5, 10, 20 quid in a partnering Crowdfunding scheme to go alongside? Could raise a few grand more? Just a thought. @AlanCecil

• I've suggested crowdfunding things before and had it pooh-poohed. Can't remember why, but I think it was because reasons.

• @Jonny_King said:
    micra raises an interesting point (sorry to thread derail). Perhaps people were put off investing in the 500 Club because they didn't have a spare £150, but may have been able/happy to put 5, 10, 20 quid in a partnering Crowdfunding scheme to go alongside? Could raise a few grand more? Just a thought. AlanCecil

Noted - we are yet to decide if a similar scheme will operate next season.

• I always thought when Ainsworth said he had to pay for balls or nets or bibs or whatever it was that time it was the perfect opportunity for a crowd fund from fans.

Even when Tony Adams said we had to choose between a new TV for the concourse or that scouting software, 25-30 of us could have gone in for the telly.

• Superb! Well done guys.

• Awesome

• Brill that

• excellent

• Solid work. Well done.

• Fantastic work.

I still think a crowd surfer along the terrace pre game would look great. Like the old light dark blue quarters Bartercard flag (showing my age).

• That's an amazing banner well done everyone.

• Great banner.

• @OxfordBlue said:

That’s brilliant, he’ll love it. Great effort, well done.

• Look out for the Banners and Bunting being displayed by the nursery next to the Hour Glass.
    The Sandcastle nursery have always been keen supporters of the Wanderers.
    And it's good to see the toddlers being educated on the mighty Chairboys .

• With @rmjlondon and @clifty04 carrying it at either side leading you into the stadium...what a procession.