Skip to content

Match Report - Chesterfield

Bit late but hey...

With thanks to Adam Clift.

https://wycombe.vitalfootball.co.uk/the-blues-are-going-up/

Comments

• I’ll forgive the lateness. I’m big like that.

(kidding)

I actually thought Williams played pretty well, some great touches and decent crosses, but I certainly can’t argue with bringing PCH on.

Watching the highlights back only brings back how many strong chances Chesterfield had - all in all, next time anyone whines about how things don’t go our way, remember how friendly yesterday’s results were...

• @PBo said:

Watching the highlights back only brings back how many strong chances Chesterfield had - all in all, next time anyone whines about how things don’t go our way, remember how friendly yesterday’s results were...

Excellent post, and so very true.

• I can't help wondering if Gape and Bean both attended a seminar on 'How To Make Your First Goal Of The Season Stand Out'...

• "They can all have a 10". Brilliant but in that case CMS, Gapey and Blooms get 11

• @Shev El-Abd, Kashket and Williams were at the same seminar! And so was Taffy, but he had to leave early and didn't complete the module on 'finishing the move you started in your own half'...

• I know it's a bit churlish to criticise the performance yesterday, the spirit and the work of the team was incredible. The sheer will to win is something that will live long in my mind.

But, until our first goal, I was absolutely raging. Couldn't believe at all that we didn't fly out of the blocks to get that first goal. The lack of pressing was terrible. Chesterfield were bottom, manager-less yet we treated them with respect as if they were Man City.

Thankfully it all changed in the second half and we were fantastic.

Oh, and that was the best game I've seen Bloomfield have in ages. Mr Wycombe, indeed.

• I agree with your first sentence! There was an inevitable nervousness about our first half display while Chesterfield could afford to be relaxed so I’m not sure why you were ‘raging’. However, as you say, it all came good in the end.

• The game did not have me raging, but definitely aging, and very quickly at that. I think I crammed half a decade into those last fifteen minutes alone!