Skip to content

Who do we want to join us?

And also from the threads, who do we want to come up with us?

I’m going for Lincoln purely because they are a friendly, enthusiastic lot with an apparently decent manager (and it’s the nearest for me)

Comments

• This surely calls for a poll to be attached.

• Far to technical for me!

• I would help, but I have no idea myself!

• I don’t care particularly - which leads me to choose Coventry for tragic tickoff reasons, given that I missed the away game this time round.

• Probably still Exeter for me as I think the other current play off contenders will do ok next year and we could do with some other smaller clubs around us, and I really admire what Tidsdale has done. Shame so many of their fans seem to hate us.

• Not really that fussed but have been fearful of Coventry in the play offs for a little while. They must be favourites.

• Exeter I'd say. Fan-owned club, and I've always liked Tisdale

• Exeter for me, although I share @PBo's geeky desire to tick off the Ricoh.

• I would have gone for Exeter for the same reasons as @eric_plant, but their fans seem like such an entitled bunch of whiny little shits that I’m going for Lincoln, whose fans seem like a thoroughly decent bunch.

• Anyone except exeter

• Lincoln gets my vote - friendly fans, positive play - plus the strong possibility that the Cowleys will leave this summer and they'll be left struggling all next season.

• Coventry. Not Exeter, their supporters don't deserve it.

• In order of preference:

Lincoln, Coventry, Exeter, Mansfield, Notts County.

• @aloysius I think you'll find the Cowleys have signed a new 4 yr deal with Lincoln City.

• Exeter, with Lincoln's supporters moving over tp them in a late transfer. I really want fan owned clubs to all do well.

• Coventry for me. Not far to travel & they will probably fill the away end if it's a Saturday which will bring much-needed revenue to WW.

• Newport for me. Got a lot of problems down there would be a lift for the people

• Until yesterday i wanted Exeter to win the play off final as they're another fan owned club but their fans reaction to our promotion yesterday i want them to lose in the play off final to keep them in League 2.

• I’m with Mr Worboys both for the reasons he adduces and and in order to gain revenge for their winning goal at the Ricoh which was a direct result of Anthony Stewart’s horrible calf injury. Good to see him celebrating with the lads yesterday.

• I wasn't familiar with the verb 'adduce' but I'm going to use it every day now. Nice one

• I should have remembered LX is 50% mashed up and 50% wind up merchant, as that Newport nonsense actually got me checking the table...and as presumed, miles off.

• ;-) was wondering if anyone would notice

• I did wonder if he’d started early or possibly not stopped since 4.50 yesterday.
    @LX1 : yes, adduce is lovely and I’ve just used it again on the Best Promotion thread.
    PS I had a pint yesterday. Ooooooh.

• Not much love for Notts County so I’ll give them some. Always enjoy my trips there, primarily because of the Trent Bridge Inn, manager Kevin Nolan is a clown but the positives outweigh the negatives for me.

• It only took me one pint to get drunk. I just don't know if it was the 12th or 13th..

• It can be rather gorgonizing, but I love the gasroom use of vocabulary.

• Gorgonizing?

• It’s a perfectly cromulent word.

• Cromulent?

• We're all getting our vocabulary embiggened today.